Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: CVO's Run to Sturgis 2016 - Our Account - Part 1, Thursday through Sunday  (Read 12304 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

Thanks for taking us along with the pics and comments!

JW

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red

Amazing photos and write up! Ever swing through Nebraska, let me know.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

I  followed along on FB but reading the recap here while having my morning coffee, just about put me "on your shoulder" for the trip. I felt like I was riding along with you guys. Great pix and write up!  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

I enjoyed riding with y'all if only via ones and zeros....Thanks for sharing.  Made that trip many times and enjoy it each time in rain/shine/hail/storms/snow/heat/cold or whatever the good Lord decides is needed for the day.  One we need to do at some point is Beartooth Pass.  It sure is beautiful by all the pictures I've seen and I know the pictures don't do it justice.... ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:34:28 AM by Haird »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Great pictures and a great ride report!    :2vrolijk_21:   Such  a great report that I moved it to ride report!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Excellent ride report guys.   Thanks a bunch for taking us along!  :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe

Only honored to be part of this great adventure..........great write up and stirred the urge to do it again!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010

Kirk and Cam-

Thanks for taking us a long on your incredible journey.  Enjoyed the pictures and commentary.  Know it takes a while to do and put on site.   :2vrolijk_21:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member

Great pics. Thanks for sharing a great journey with us!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde

Wow, just wow...
As I read your report and viewed the pics, I reminisced about our Black Hills trip this year in early July. We stayed at the Deadwood Hamptnon Inn.
Great report and pictures. Thank you for posting.
RDE ON......

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark

Thanks for the comments everyone. Three Main Street Sturgis photographic templates were taken down because of the fifty-seven images, eight exhibited ladies in body paint, deemed inappropriate to post on the forum. I reconstructed the templates and uploaded the revisions so the account is now complete...

Kiro

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member

Great report--well written! Kiro, I need to meet you some day; you know your way around a camera. Hard to find real photos in this era of 'point and shoot'.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

Excellent ride report guys.   Thanks a bunch for taking us along!  :bananarock:
JC can I talk you into joining us next year? Would be cool to have to of them dayglow orange bikes in the pictures! They really brighten up a cloudy day.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

JC can I talk you into joining us next year? Would be cool to have to of them dayglow orange bikes in the pictures! They really brighten up a cloudy day.

I'm tempted!  But I've been to Sturgis and many other rallys for so many years that I try to go the opposite direction now.....avoid the crowds.  And honestly, my favorite "go to" places are all in the west.....the Rocky Mountain states mostly.  Having said that, I, along with several others from Cali, are hoping there will be an unusually cool spell in Jun so that we can make it to the NMITM in Ark.

Yes, it would be odd.....kind of felling like lookin in the mirror as we're riding down the road with another 13 orange & black.  :P  I have until May 2018 and then I can go where ever I want....whenever I want and we'll sure make something happen to hook up with you guys.  :2vrolijk_21:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

I'm tempted!  But I've been to Sturgis and many other rallys for so many years that I try to go the opposite direction now.....avoid the crowds.  And honestly, my favorite "go to" places are all in the west.....the Rocky Mountain states mostly.  Having said that, I, along with several others from Cali, are hoping there will be an unusually cool spell in Jun so that we can make it to the NMITM in Ark.

Yes, it would be odd.....kind of felling like lookin in the mirror as we're riding down the road with another 13 orange & black.  :P  I have until May 2018 and then I can go where ever I want....whenever I want and we'll sure make something happen to hook up with you guys.  :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 23 queries.