Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odometer/Brake Bleed - Coincidence?  (Read 1958 times)

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic
Odometer/Brake Bleed - Coincidence?
« on: August 31, 2016, 12:41:13 PM »

I've got a question about the Range Calculator and Trip Meters on my bike.  I recently had my brake fluid and clutch fluid replaced by a dealer.  After that service I almost ran out of gas while relying on my range indicator.  This has NEVER happened before and I've always been able to depend upon that indicator in the past.  My bike also stumbled during take-off from a stop light recently and that has NEVER happened before.  My bike has 18K on it.

So my question: Does the dealer brake bleed or clutch bleed process include hooking up to my bike in a way that enables them to screw with my tune, trip computer & range computer calculations?

Thanks!
Rumblerider
V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Odometer/Brake Bleed - Coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »

Wow I don't know for sure but would like to know. When the recall was done on my bike for the clutch (both times) I never had any problems like what you are describing.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:08:19 PM »

So you regularly ignore the fuel gauge and only go by the DTE value? :nixweiss:

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »

So you regularly ignore the fuel gauge and only go by the DTE value? :nixweiss:

Thanks for your reply.  Obviously not what I said.  I have always been able to use the remaining miles indicator with my fuel gauge and been able to work the remaining fuel estimates with my Garmin Zumo to determine where I needed to refuel.  In the case where I was surprised by the remaining fuel indicator, I still had options to get gas but they were not what I had originally planned 20 miles earlier.  The remaining miles indicator changed dramatically in 20 miles of interstate driving and went to LO from a previous indication of 19 miles. 

Thanks again.
V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.