Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: New Nav Maps?  (Read 27332 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: New Nav Maps?
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2016, 11:55:13 AM »

Would have been so much better if they would have just worked with Garmin instead of this NAVextras crap!  :soapbox:
:2vrolijk_21:X2 Agreed :2vrolijk_21: I particularly liked the option of purchasing "Lifetime" maps which is lacking from this Eastern European outfit. I also miss the "perspective" option when looking for a gas station along your route! Currently they simply indicate a compass direction for the gas station and you've gotta hope it's on the highway you want to remain on ::)!
My Map update is almost done ..........thanks again to all for the most excellent help :2vrolijk_21:
Dennis
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »

Successfully updated to the latest version.
Thanks to all that provided tips on how to do.
Now start to wait two years for the next update. lol

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2016, 06:30:44 AM »

Last two versions of the map would get you to my Home.

New version of the map if your headed north on river road, it will tell you to turn left two street before my street, and try to run you up a private gated road.  if headed south on river road, it will still get you to my home.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Glenncarp

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »

I think this my be a new version of the maps.

My first upgrade was 2014 something or other, this one says NACVO MY2017.

Anyone check this out or confirm it is a newer version of our maps?

https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal

OK, read through this entire thread, I have the toolbox loaded and fingerprint of bike, I am ready to install. My question is: is there any noticeable difference to the mapping after the update? My maps on the '16 SERGU sem pretty acurate.

Just wondering if it is worth the change of screwing up my Boom Audio for the update  ;D

Glenncarp

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »

I thought we had free updates for 3 years, could be wrong.  The problem is, it takes so long for Naviextras to update their maps.  If indeed its now Q2 2015, this will be the first real update for my '15 CVORGU.  My bike came with 2014 maps installed and the bike will be two years old this Dec.

I believe CVO owners get three free updates, but I think that is only the Boom software. I have not heard anything about map updates unless HD includes that with the software update. I might be incorrect in my information, but I think that is what mu local dealer told me.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »

I believe CVO owners get three free updates, but I think that is only the Boom software. I have not heard anything about map updates unless HD includes that with the software update. I might be incorrect in my information, but I think that is what mu local dealer told me.
AFAIK there are three software categories:
  • Firmware radio flash for your setup (standard, stage I, stage II, number of amps/speakers)
  • Naviextras (Maps)
  • BOOM! software (infotainment)
You only pay for MAP updates (after the first three within five years). The firmware flash by your H-D dealer happens only when you upgrade/change your physical BOOM! system and you pay for the dealers time. The infotainment software is free.

From my 2015 BOOM! BOX (Infotainment) manual under Navigation/Updating Database Page 179 which refers to NAVIEXTRAS:
"For CVO models, three navigation map database updates can be downloaded for free over a five year period"

This is for MAPS (Naviextras) .......... the BOOM! BOX Infotainment software updates (controls, radio, CB, media, etc.) will always be available via downloads from the MOCO website so long as they're in biz :D
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Glenncarp

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »

AFAIK there are three software categories:
  • Firmware radio flash for your setup (standard, stage I, stage II, number of amps/speakers)
  • Naviextras (Maps)
  • BOOM! software (infotainment)
You only pay for MAP updates (after the first three within five years). The firmware flash by your H-D dealer happens only when you upgrade/change your physical BOOM! system and you pay for the dealers time. The infotainment software is free.

From my 2015 BOOM! BOX (Infotainment) manual under Navigation/Updating Database Page 179 which refers to NAVIEXTRAS:
"For CVO models, three navigation map database updates can be downloaded for free over a five year period"

This is for MAPS (Naviextras) .......... the BOOM! BOX Infotainment software updates (controls, radio, CB, media, etc.) will always be available via downloads from the MOCO website so long as they're in biz :D

Well, loaded fingerprint twice now, went step by step and maps failed to load on my USB stick, error says "could not download Texas map"

Guess I'll try at a later date. Not sure what else to do.

Glenncarp

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »

Well, loaded fingerprint twice now, went step by step and maps failed to load on my USB stick, error says "could not download Texas map"

Guess I'll try at a later date. Not sure what else to do.

ok, I need some help. Finally got the maps to load on my USB, I followed directions explicitly. I am ready to plug USB into head unit, however I moved file to hard drive but did not have to unzip it as instructions said. So, on my computer I have a "Navisync" folder with three files in it; content, license, save and two files; device_checksum.md5 and device_status.ini.

Inside of content folders, there are 11 more folders and each folder has TONS of files in them.

I am not sure if the head unit will be able to read the info in each folder, with my limited computer knowledge, I don't think the folders can be opened by the head unit.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong? Or should I just plug USB into head unit and see what happens? I am afraid of messing up the current maps and GPS with a correct file.

Help!!!

Thanks

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 08:43:50 PM »

ok, I need some help. Finally got the maps to load on my USB, I followed directions explicitly. I am ready to plug USB into head unit, however I moved file to hard drive but did not have to unzip it as instructions said. So, on my computer I have a "Navisync" folder with three files in it; content, license, save and two files; device_checksum.md5 and device_status.ini.

Inside of content folders, there are 11 more folders and each folder has TONS of files in them.

I am not sure if the head unit will be able to read the info in each folder, with my limited computer knowledge, I don't think the folders can be opened by the head unit.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong? Or should I just plug USB into head unit and see what happens? I am afraid of messing up the current maps and GPS with a correct file.

Help!!!

Thanks

At that point I turn the system on to ACC, then wait for the unit to boot up. then plug in the USB and it will read it and then ask you if you want to update I believe or it said there was a update, mine took about 1 hour to down load, then I check the software version and it said the latest.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Glenncarp

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

At that point I turn the system on to ACC, then wait for the unit to boot up. then plug in the USB and it will read it and then ask you if you want to update I believe or it said there was a update, mine took about 1 hour to down load, then I check the software version and it said the latest.

Thanks, did that, head unit tried to authenticate info on USB and said there was an error and went no further

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »

Thanks, did that, head unit tried to authenticate info on USB and said there was an error and went no further
I hate to say this but I would reformat the USB stick, and redo the fingerprint, download the map then give it another go, when I did mine I followed the instructions from 68 XLCH:

1  Have a USB without any files on it, at least 8G  ( the nav updates that i downloaded were 3.4 G)

2  Press the trip button to get the electric going on the bike.

3  Turn on the Infotainment system, it boots, accept screen goes away now automatically.

4  Inserted the USB

5  Setup

6  System Info

7  Navigation

8  Exp for Update

9  Select the USB

This was the process to get the finger print, i was amazed it took 2 to 3 minutes.

Then brought the USB in the house, went to the  HD Navi web site and logged in

Opened the Naaviextras software on my computer

Had to log in, in my software.

It said i did not have a device plugged in.

I plugged the USB into the computer.

It said there was an important update, (this was Navi extras software update) I clicked to update the software

Then I think it said an update (maps) was available, and i clicked Install.

2.5 hours later the software was downloaded to the USB.

In the morning, I again went to the bike pressed the trip meter for power

Turned on the Infotainment system

After it booted i loaded the USB

It recognized it and asked if I wanted to update

I think i then clicked OK

About an hour and twenty minutes later it had finished updating the Nav on the bike.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

Glenncarp

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

I hate to say this but I would reformat the USB stick, and redo the fingerprint, download the map then give it another go, when I did mine I followed the instructions from 68 XLCH:

1  Have a USB without any files on it, at least 8G  ( the nav updates that i downloaded were 3.4 G)

2  Press the trip button to get the electric going on the bike.

3  Turn on the Infotainment system, it boots, accept screen goes away now automatically.

4  Inserted the USB

5  Setup

6  System Info

7  Navigation

8  Exp for Update

9  Select the USB

This was the process to get the finger print, i was amazed it took 2 to 3 minutes.

Then brought the USB in the house, went to the  HD Navi web site and logged in

Opened the Naaviextras software on my computer

Had to log in, in my software.

It said i did not have a device plugged in.

I plugged the USB into the computer.

It said there was an important update, (this was Navi extras software update) I clicked to update the software

Then I think it said an update (maps) was available, and i clicked Install.

2.5 hours later the software was downloaded to the USB.

In the morning, I again went to the bike pressed the trip meter for power

Turned on the Infotainment system

After it booted i loaded the USB

It recognized it and asked if I wanted to update

I think i then clicked OK

About an hour and twenty minutes later it had finished updating the Nav on the bike.

Ok, I was following the directions on the NaviExtras web page. Do not go past the "download and install" instructions.

I went to "HOW-TO-GUIDE: How to download and install an Intercontinental replacement package using a USB Stick?" and that is where the confusion began. Once the update is completed (about 2 hours for me) simply take the USB to the bike and start bike first as reported previously, plug in USB and the head unit will do the rest.

Thanks for all the help, task would have been daunting and almost impossible without all of the contributors turning the tech talk in to English!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »

Ok, I was following the directions on the NaviExtras web page. Do not go past the "download and install" instructions.

I went to "HOW-TO-GUIDE: How to download and install an Intercontinental replacement package using a USB Stick?" and that is where the confusion began. Once the update is completed (about 2 hours for me) simply take the USB to the bike and start bike first as reported previously, plug in USB and the head unit will do the rest.

Thanks for all the help, task would have been daunting and almost impossible without all of the contributors turning the tech talk in to English!

Yea I don't think I would have figured it out without the help of the forum, I had no trouble with the boom updates or the dealer updates, but the Navi map was a little convoluted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »

I did the same as Glenncarp but when I put the stick into the bike nothing happened. Does it take a while for the bike to read the stick? Do you need to open all folders and move contents? Do I need to reformat my stick and how do i do that? Everything went smooth until this point.

Thanks for any help

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »

My stick is formatted to Fat32 already so that's not an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.