Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: New Nav Maps?  (Read 27365 times)

Glenncarp

Re: New Nav Maps?
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »

I did the same as Glenncarp but when I put the stick into the bike nothing happened. Does it take a while for the bike to read the stick? Do you need to open all folders and move contents? Do I need to reformat my stick and how do i do that? Everything went smooth until this point.

Thanks for any help

Don't touch the folder, just removed the USB stick and plug it into bike AFTER bike has booted up. I had to download updated three times to get it to work, but went smoothly last time and now updated are complete.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2017, 08:15:08 PM »

Thanks, i'll try another download

Glenncarp

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:01 AM »

Thanks, i'll try another download

Make sure you format the USB and I actually created another account on NaviExtras in case the original maps file was corrupted on the first account. I had received error notices when I first tried to download the maps,I got a notice that Texas map did not load and it stopped the update. I created a second account just in case the map was the issue, although I highly doubt it.

I'd make sure you do nothing with the USB stick after the download is completed, just take it to the bike and prepare to wait two hours for the update to install. I'd also recommend having a battery tender on so the battery does not quit halfway through the update, I cant see interrupting that process being a good thing.

It's almost like surgery, lol, everything has to be clean

Glenncarp

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

Update to my Previous post
I finished the download and went out to bike turned on accessory waited for system
to boot plugged  in the usb stick it authenticated asked if i wanted to update hit ok and it loaded the new update of maps took about 50 mins make sure you have charger or tender on battery. Now shows NACVO-MY2017   :) :) :)

Also I did not lose any settings or routes that I had already loaded for next week. I will ride it tomorrow to double check everything but all looks GOOD

You were brave to do the update with trip routes for an upcoming ride installed on the bike!!! I am not so confident with HD or its partners software not having some kind of caveats!

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »

I re-updated the stick last night, it only took an hour, not 2 hours like before. I'll try again tonight. Cross your fingers.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »

So my update went well, next question how do I save my route on Google maps to upload it on GPS visualizer
 Thanks for any help

Glenncarp

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »

So my update went well, next question how do I save my route on Google maps to upload it on GPS visualizer
 Thanks for any help

Congrats on update. Look in thread "I thought a GPX file was a GPX file" Tons of info on Google Maps and visualizer. Short answer is.no, A converted Google Maps file will ot work in Boom! audio and it creates a file on the bike that cannot be opened or erased. Stuck with Tyre or HD Ride planner to create and import routs

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »

G'Day Y'all,

Thanks very much for the leg work on this one folks. 86 XLCH a special thank you mate (Read I owe you a beer when/if we bump into each other), for simple straigtforward navigable instructions. Did this yesterday with a minmimum of fuss and am now up to date on maps. This is exactly why this forum is so good IMHO. I would surely have spend mucho time swearing unecessarily without the guide if I had ever became aware it existed.

Am yet to test functionality due to attending a family expansion project today (Daughter's water broke at 0300 and Grandson arrived about 1600), but expect to be released by new Grandma for riding activities on the morrow.

Cheers Tom
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.