Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: why does everyone swear by Fullsac?  (Read 15017 times)

stillsoldier4christ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE)
why does everyone swear by Fullsac?
« on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:18 AM »

Just curious. With all of the major players out there, such as V&H, RSD, Rinehart, Cobra, Crusher, Bassani, etc. etc. etc. Why is it that Fullsac is now, all of a sudden, "the best on the market?" Is it just the most current fad? I had never even heard of Fullsac until I got on this and RoadGlide.org forums a few days ago. So, why all the fuss? Why is Fullsac "so great!" compared to all of the other major brands that also claim to have the "best" exhaust system? Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:21:32 AM by stillsoldier4christ »

Enigmatic

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: why does everyone swear by Fullsac?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:31:05 AM »

well for me, it was the best bang for the buck. I also wanted keep my bike looking stock but running better at the time. And it's hard to beat being able to recore your own mufflers for almost any sound or performance you want, anytime you want, for way less $$$ than anything short of eBay knockoffs. I want D&D but didn't have the funds. I thought about the V&H with the X pipe(can't remeber model), but 2 of the 3 people I met with it said they'd drug it when they rode hard, so that cancelled it out. But I'm very satisfied with my Fullsac, Bike runs great, sounds good and the owner had no problem helping me with the million questions I asked :2vrolijk_21:

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:15:10 AM »

I like the idea that you can have a well engineered exhaust header.  It's designed not to efficiently and correctly provide a route for exiting exhaust gasses but also in a manner you can utilized the stock heat shields.  I like the stock look but knowing what is really under those shields...stealth header, if you will.  If you are wondering, no I don't have a Fullsac on my current bike.  I went the route of a de-catted stock header on the '12 SESG.  However, if that had not worked as I wanted, Fullsac was my first and only option.

Read his website and all the testimonials from the many satisfied customers.  He provides a great product and from what I can see on those testimonials, a top-notch customer service experience.  If I was to put aftermarket on my current bike, it would be great to ride it to AZ and have Steve do the work himself at his shop.  Lots of our group have done that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:32:03 AM by Haird »

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »

X3
Bill

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 07:28:39 AM »

For me, it was testimonials on this site and recommendation from my tuner/builder. He showed me dyno graphs with Fullsac/Crushers compared to true duals/RineFarts and other "big name" companies and it was a no brainer. I would have been just fine with the Vance and Hines Power duals, but I couldn't use my laser cut heat shields with them.

Another reason I went with Fullsac is because I like to support the smaller businesses IF they actually have a great product which they do in this case. Steve, the owner, posts on here frequently and has personally taken the time to answer some questions both on forums and through private messenger.

I think people always say what they have is "the best". Maybe for different applications some things work better, and I'm sure similar results can be had even with different companies. The Fullsac/Crusher combo just seemed to fit my needs. I highly recommend it to friends but refrain from calling it "the best" just because it's what I have.

Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 08:20:46 AM »

Just curious. With all of the major players out there, such as V&H, RSD, Rinehart, Cobra, Crusher, Bassani, etc. etc. etc. Why is it that Fullsac is now, all of a sudden, "the best on the market?" Is it just the most current fad? I had never even heard of Fullsac until I got on this and RoadGlide.org forums a few days ago. So, why all the fuss? Why is Fullsac "so great!" compared to all of the other major brands that also claim to have the "best" exhaust system? Thanks!!!

it isn't 'now, all of a sudden'.  just because you haven't heard of them before, doesn't mean that they haven't been putting out a quality product for many years.

as far as being 'the best'.  well, that is a subjective call.  what may be the best for me may not be the best for you.  but with fullsac, you can get a great product, at a great price, with great support.

i'm using their sportpipe.  it is basically a stock hd headpipe, with the plenum cut out, and an entirely new plenum welded in.  then ceramic coated inside and out, and brackets for the heatshields welded on.  dynos within a couple of hp of their dx pipe, and with exchange, i paid less than $280.

also using the 2.0 cvo recores.  with the screens.  sounds great, looks stock.

plus they give a forum discount.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:22:01 AM »

I couldn't tell you if it is the "best" or not. In my case I didn't really care about having the best. I wanted the stock look, I happen to like the looks of the stock CVO cans. Plus I am cheap! I mostly wanted to get rid of the heat and to add a little bit of sound. The extra power boost was just a bonus!

After spending $37,000 on the bike, I really did not want to spend a few more grand on the exhaust and a tune. At the time when I did my 13 CVO I think the cost was right at $1,100 or so. I felt that price point, and some of my own labor, during the winter, with my bike in my garage made a lot of sense.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »

1. I am not aware of anyone else that offers a turn-key system, header, baffles and tune that keeps the stock look.

2. The stuff just works great.

3.  Steve is a great guy and runs a service oriented business.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »

The other guys have given you some of the most obvious reasons, but there is another one that needs to be mentioned as well.  When you buy a V&H system for example, can you call up Byron Hines and ask him questions about the pipes and will he help you with the tune?  Steve at Fullsac will and does.  Customer service is every bit as important as engineering/appearance/etc., and I don't think you can beat the customer service at Fullsac.

JMHO - Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »

Great question and I'm sure that Steve appreciates it.  Fullsac is the only exhaust system that I know where all the R&D has been put in to the CVOs specifically.  It's plug and play if that's the route you want to go that way. 

I simply wanted to knock the heat down and still keep it on the quieter side (be able to hear my stereo at freeway speeds) and I got that plus improved HP and TQ.  I'm very, very happy with my system and besides, had I not gone with Fullsac, I would not have had an opportunity to meet Moe.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »

I was able to call Steve discuss my needs and have my system in hand in a few days. Fit like a glove heat shields and all. Ran smooth and performance was way up. When Steve came up with a improved bracket he sent me one. I doubt if the so called big boys would have even spent time improving something that was selling.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

stillsoldier4christ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE)
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 09:50:07 AM »

WOW! I guess if you're a Fullsac guy, yer a dang Fullsac guy!! LOL! Thanks for all the input. The thing that has me the most right now is the customer service everyone has talked about. Good customer service is extremely important to me. I may be going to Arizona once my overseas tour is up. Perhaps I will look the guy up, and see what we can do about my 2015 CVO RGU. I dig the stock look. My only thing is, I don't want to damage my stock pipes (re-sale value, plus, just in-case I ever get stationed in an EP nazzi zone again. Germany has some crazy strict laws) by drilling in them or on them or removing components that can't be re-installed. I do want to get rid of the CAT, though. I'm thinking I need to go the whole system route and just keep the stock set in the garage somewhere for just-in-cases. Again, thanks for all the input. Does anybody have before and after dyno graphs and/or stock/Fullsac sound byte comparisons?

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »

Fullsac, posted that they developed a new improved bracket for their system.  They indicated to contact them and they would send the new bracket.

I did and received it 3 days later.

They care about their reputation and they continue to build on theirs by supporting their customers.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

Homer 661

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »

WOW! I guess if you're a Fullsac guy, yer a dang Fullsac guy!! LOL! Thanks for all the input. The thing that has me the most right now is the customer service everyone has talked about. Good customer service is extremely important to me. I may be going to Arizona once my overseas tour is up. Perhaps I will look the guy up, and see what we can do about my 2015 CVO RGU. I dig the stock look. My only thing is, I don't want to damage my stock pipes (re-sale value, plus, just in-case I ever get stationed in an EP nazzi zone again. Germany has some crazy strict laws) by drilling in them or on them or removing components that can't be re-installed. I do want to get rid of the CAT, though. I'm thinking I need to go the whole system route and just keep the stock set in the garage somewhere for just-in-cases. Again, thanks for all the input. Does anybody have before and after dyno graphs and/or stock/Fullsac sound byte comparisons?

I heard about Fullsac from my tech who suggested their product. Since my son lives in Havasu I was going to pick up the parts and bring them to my tech for install. Then it occured to me, why not just ride over and get it all done in Havasu. I contacted Steve and asked for a tech/dyno refferal. Much to my surprise he said we can do it all here. After making an appointment I was able to hang with Steve while my bike was brought to it's full potential ,100hp 110torque.... Your base run numbers are pitiful.  You pick your muffler core diameter but Steve can input pro's and cons for each size based on your riding style as well as your helmet. I'm very pleased with the $ spent for the finished product. Fullsac customer service is #1!!

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »

I am running the DX head pipe and Reinhart 4 inch slip ons.  I like the rineharts and wanted to keep my stock slip ons.  Steve has helped me many times with my tuner, support bracket and questions. 
2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.