Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: why does everyone swear by Fullsac?  (Read 15083 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: why does everyone swear by Fullsac?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »

Not new, he had been around awhile when I got my first set up for Fullsac in 09.

Why did I go fullsac, I had read about them but did not get it at first.  When Vance and Hines on my 09 CVO Road Glide, with the hi out put.  Loved the sound.  A well respected tuner did the dyno tune on my bike and told me how bad the Hi-Outputs were killing my torque where you ride.  Showed me the huge dip between 2100 and 2600 RPM. 

Then showed me several CVO tuned with fullsac head pipe and cores.  Much better torque where you ride.   Total cost was 500 to 600 less than vance and hines, and better results where you ride, and really every where on the graph.

So My 09 SERG had Fullsac, my 12 SERG had fullsac, 15 SERGU has fullsac, and my 138 hp, 140 Torque CVO road king has fullsac.

My wife's 11 street glide had fullsac, her 13 Street glide had fullsac and now her 15 Road glide has fullsac.

It works as advertised, for less money than the big names, and much better customer service.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 08:51:54 PM »

I learned about Fullsac in 2010 and I sent my stock pipe and mufflers to him. He did some work on my stock headpipe and recored a set of cone style stock mufflers for me and it cost me less than $400. shipped and returned to me. Loved the sound and performance improvement but still didn't like the look of the stock EGlide mufflers. Later I picked up a set of CVO cans at a swapmeet for $20 bucks and ordered the 2 inch cores to go in them for $120. I had those on my 09 Electraglide with 103 and 255 cams until I got a wild hair in Sturgis and decided to spend 1200. on a complete Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust. Want to know which exhaust delivered better performance?? I regretted making that switch. It was unbelievable the amount of torque I lost. Luckily I brought that system back with me. The mufflers are now on my CVO but need a repack. I also have the stock decatted headpipe and waiting for the right person to step up and buy it from me. Contemplated putting it on the CVO but I would need to buy O2 sensors because it is off an 09. Fullsac is the smart way to go.
DR

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »

Cause the parts work! Steves' DX headpipe... One of the best on the market today  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 11:22:58 PM »

Cuz nobody wants to ride with a half sac.   Jusayinzall  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

stillsoldier4christ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE)
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 03:40:22 AM »

Not new, he had been around awhile when I got my first set up for Fullsac in 09.

Why did I go fullsac, I had read about them but did not get it at first.  When Vance and Hines on my 09 CVO Road Glide, with the hi out put.  Loved the sound.  A well respected tuner did the dyno tune on my bike and told me how bad the Hi-Outputs were killing my torque where you ride.  Showed me the huge dip between 2100 and 2600 RPM. 

Then showed me several CVO tuned with fullsac head pipe and cores.  Much better torque where you ride.   Total cost was 500 to 600 less than vance and hines, and better results where you ride, and really every where on the graph.

So My 09 SERG had Fullsac, my 12 SERG had fullsac, 15 SERGU has fullsac, and my 138 hp, 140 Torque CVO road king has fullsac.

My wife's 11 street glide had fullsac, her 13 Street glide had fullsac and now her 15 Road glide has fullsac.

It works as advertised, for less money than the big names, and much better customer service.

a new bike every two years!!? Sheeesh! What are you, Mafia or something? LOL! No, wait. Nuclear engineer? Nah, just kidding. On the real, though, how did destroying your stock mufflers affect your trade-in/re-sale value? Just curious. I don't know if I will ever get rid of this bike, but just in case, I would like to know what coring out your mufflers does to say, warranty, re-sale, passing inspection, etc. etc. Any problems with any of that? Thank you, sir.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 08:05:28 AM »

The CVO community has always been on the sharper side of the scale when it comes to product knowledge. This group also no problem calling BS when performance and service don't meet expectations! Getting the nod from you guys really puts a smile on my face.

Thank You.

Steve George

PS:  M8 107 dyno runs begin today!   :orange: :2vrolijk_21:  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:09:45 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »

I personally can't swear by Fullsac I'm a D and D guy, however, I have never heard a single negative comment made about Fullsac Systems they sure sound sweet and they are definitely nice on the wallet.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »

On the real, though, how did destroying your stock mufflers affect your trade-in/re-sale value? Just curious. I don't know if I will ever get rid of this bike, but just in case, I would like to know what coring out your mufflers does to say, warranty, re-sale, passing inspection, etc. etc. Any problems with any of that? Thank you, sir.

There are many threads discussing resale or trade values of a used Harley and most agree that the days of getting what you payed for (or more) for your bike are over. The only way I see to get high resale would be to buy a pristine bike and keep it in temp controlled storage with as close to zero miles as possible with no mods. That way it may be museum quality part of history and one of the few bikes that were left stock. Most of us can't afford to do that economically or emotionally.
In general almost every Harley has some form of modification to it by the owner and also comes with wear and tear. So in turn most owners have their Harley for the joy of riding and don't really worry about resale since ownership is not about the financial investment.
The Magnusson -Moss Warranty Act protects owners in the US with the idea that any mod to a vehicle has to be the direct cause of a failure to deny warranty coverage unless specifically spelled out in the original contract. (Have to read the fine print.)
As far as passing inspections, that all depends on state or local laws since many states don't do smog or noise inspections. So any aftermarket exhaust is OK  in those areas. But if the area you live in has inspections for pollution (pollutants or sound) you might not pass with aftermarket mods.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »

At the least if they start looking for the Stamp on the outer cans during traffic stops they will still be there and might keep you from further investigation. And I really have heard nothing but praise for the Full Sac products. :2vrolijk_21:

ultrarider123

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »

At the least if they start looking for the Stamp on the outer cans during traffic stops they will still be there and might keep you from further investigation. And I really have heard nothing but praise for the Full Sac products. :2vrolijk_21:

That would be benefit number 2 of the Fullsac option... :2vrolijk_21:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »

a new bike every two years!!? Sheeesh! What are you, Mafia or something? LOL! No, wait. Nuclear engineer? Nah, just kidding. On the real, though, how did destroying your stock mufflers affect your trade-in/re-sale value? Just curious. I don't know if I will ever get rid of this bike, but just in case, I would like to know what coring out your mufflers does to say, warranty, re-sale, passing inspection, etc. etc. Any problems with any of that? Thank you, sir.

Retired Navy, and work full time.  I average over 20K a year on my CVO Road Glides, so I try to trade before they have 45K on them.  The fullsac has never hurt my trade, it looks all stock but sounds better.  I have asked the dealer if he wanted to put the exhaust from new CVO on the bike I was trading and he said no.  I have never had an issue with warranty doing this either.  Then again my dealer is very reasonable.  No inspections where I live, but the pipes look 100% stock and all the stamps are on them.

I have done pretty well in trade so far.  Not so sure I will do so well when I trade the 15, the value has dropped much faster than it did on my 09 and my 12.

Did not plan on doing the every two years, but when our kids moved out we started riding a lot.  When I went to trade my wife's 3.5 year old heritage with 80K on it, the dealer wouldn't give me much at all for it.  Pretty much said trade before 45K or keep the bike if it has over 50K.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

stillsoldier4christ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE)
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 10:39:23 PM »

Retired Navy Pretty much said trade before 45K or keep the bike if it has over 50K.
Thank you for your service, sir. I am considering pushing the button myself. It is definitely an internal struggle. It's just not the same Air Force (or military in general) that I literally grew up in. I'm not sure if the stress and long hours are worth staying any longer simply to get the extra percentage and maybe another stripe. I'm at the point, now where that is my only reason to hanging on. And, I think, that is when you know it is time to pull the ejection handle.

Pretty much said trade before 45K or keep the bike if it has over 50K.

Thank you. That is some great information to know.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

The other guys have given you some of the most obvious reasons, but there is another one that needs to be mentioned as well.  When you buy a V&H system for example, can you call up Byron Hines and ask him questions about the pipes and will he help you with the tune?  Steve at Fullsac will and does.  Customer service is every bit as important as engineering/appearance/etc., and I don't think you can beat the customer service at Fullsac.

JMHO - Jerry

X-2 Jerry, Steve and I had a great conversation about the merged collector,the famous 180 degree crossover the old #4   Morgan Mc Clure Nascar team ran in mid 90's right when he was designing that pipe, my theories got shot to hell...   sharp guy, product build on results, not theory       
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:02 PM »

I run Fullsac because it is the best for performance and is very affordable I can purchase the system from the manufacture install it my self. If a problem is discovered by Fullsac they send out a notice and you can get what is needed for the problem for free just like it should be. When you go to the shop in Arizona you are treated like a very good friend. When I went to the shop I was given a tour I got to watch the muffler cores being made. Steve looked at my exhaust system did not like the way the header looked and installed a new header free of charge. No other company has service like this. Fullsac is simply the best and no company can match or even come close to Fullsac!!!!!

ultraswede

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 02:19:57 PM »

@ stillsoldier4christ
If you are in Germany, as your flag indicate, Im sorry to say that the shipping of the Fullsac pipe is.... a bit expensive to Europe.
I bought a V&H power cell pipe from my HD dealer (in Sweden) for less money than the DX cost, + Swedish tax and the shipping.  How good the DX pipe might be, to pay a 25% extra in shipping is a deal breaker for me.

I did buy the "CVO Power Cores" with the "Techmat Blankets", and most importantly, the TTS tuner.
The power cores is an easy installation and in my view fully reversible to stock if needed.
It is as some one pointed out, nice to have the correct part number and spec stamped on the muffler.

Edit,
For my 09 Ultra, I bought the DX pipe, the shipping was more resonable back then.
The DX, a good product, but expensive to get over to Europe.
I guess the importers of V&H get the shipping down per unit, container load on boat.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:29:41 PM by ultraswede »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 23 queries.