Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: My New Ride  (Read 13514 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: My New Ride
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Spent last evening getting some of my 'must have' items on the bike to make it more rideable for me - footboard extensions, angle highway peg mounts, extended shift levers, etc.  Now I'm trying to figure out this infotainment system.  That's going to take a while for sure.   :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: Fun setting a new bike up like you want it. It took a while to figure out the old HD radio.  Good luck on figuring out the newfangled Infotainment screen.  Some electronics just seem to be more difficult than others, and HD seems to prefer that type for some reason.  :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 08:45:05 AM »

Congrats Jerry!!! Best of luck to you, may you have many miles of smiles ahead of you. Now we'll get some real world miles tested data. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 09:22:43 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Spent last evening getting some of my 'must have' items on the bike to make it more rideable for me - footboard extensions, angle highway peg mounts, extended shift levers, etc.  Now I'm trying to figure out this infotainment system.  That's going to take a while for sure.   :2vrolijk_21:

Hang in there with the infotainment. I rented a Ultra Limited last year for a week. It was a little frustrasting at first. Particularly with some hand controls reversed from right to left. But over the course of the week the organization of the menus and controls slowly started to make sense. We rode 200 miles a day and it really didn't start to become intuitive for me until just before I turned the bike in! But the new infotainment was one of my motivations for a new bike. I was just waiting for a new engine to push me into a new bike. Looking forward to joining you next month when my bike comes in.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:25:27 AM by Heatwave »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 09:24:12 AM »

Congrats Jerry!!! Best of luck to you, may you have many miles of smiles ahead of you. Now we'll get some real world miles tested data. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Thanks Gary.  I'm plan to test it out thouroughly.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Fun setting a new bike up like you want it. It took a while to figure out the old HD radio.  Good luck on figuring out the newfangled Infotainment screen.  Some electronics just seem to be more difficult than others, and HD seems to prefer that type for some reason.  :nixweiss:
All the new infotainment systems in vehicles seem to be overly complex from what I've read.  My newest vehicle (well other than my motorcycle, lol) is a 2006 so no infotainment system there.  I've heard that Ford and Mercedes customers have complained about their systems - and many others as well I imagine.  When trying to be all things to all people it can get a bit deep to say the least.  Hopefully, I'll master the basics quickly so at least I can listen to music and navigate, lol. 

IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »

I can't wait. Same color on order.
Bill, it really is a stunning bike.  I've always been partial to the H-D official black and orange and the 2012 is a beaut.  Always been partial to the moco offical black and orange colors but I'm really digging this silver and blue.  You will also.   :2vrolijk_21:

IBA member # 45520

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »

Congrats, Jerry!  Great looking bike!  I agree it's time to move on.  Be interesting to see how this one serves you, if nothing else.

My eyes are probably just playing tricks on me, but it sure looks like the tour-pak LEDs are wrapped around and sitting on top of the rear lid hinge.  Say it isn't so.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »

Congrats, Jerry!  Great looking bike!  I agree it's time to move on.  Be interesting to see how this one serves you, if nothing else.

My eyes are probably just playing tricks on me, but it sure looks like the tour-pak LEDs are wrapped around and sitting on top of the rear lid hinge.  Say it isn't so.

Please say it ain't so!! Anyone able to post pics of a another 2017 CVO Limited TP hinges to see if this is a one-off or a TP LED mounting template issue? It should be an easy fix but may require drilling new mounting holes for the TP LED. It looks like its mounted abit too high on the TP.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:43:55 AM by Heatwave »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »

All the new infotainment systems in vehicles seem to be overly complex from what I've read.  My newest vehicle (well other than my motorcycle, lol) is a 2006 so no infotainment system there.  I've heard that Ford and Mercedes customers have complained about their systems - and many others as well I imagine.  When trying to be all things to all people it can get a bit deep to say the least.  Hopefully, I'll master the basics quickly so at least I can listen to music and navigate, lol.

True, I have 3 newer vehicles, all different brands, all the "radios" were no fun to learn beyond basics.  No pattern either, all 3 are different & have individual quirks.  You will figure out what you need to work & how to work it, just wishing the process was simpler here.

A very beautiful bike!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

Congratulations on a beautiful bike!  After all those miles and all those break downs, you deserve this new bike.  I hope it performs flawlessly, for many miles to come! :2vrolijk_21:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »

Yeah, good eye!  Sorry to see that got past their service & sales department. :nervous:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 12:33:18 PM »

Congratulations!  She is a beaut! I just use the basics on the info system (radio and nav). When planning on a longer trip I refresh my memory a little since I will be changing stations and media etc.  I like the navigation and just took the time to set the basics up to match what I like.  Good luck and I can't wait to hear how she does!

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 12:48:45 PM »

Congratulations on a beautiful bike!  After all those miles and all those break downs, you deserve this new bike.  I hope it performs flawlessly, for many miles to come! :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks for the good wishes. 

IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »

I photo shopped that pix just to see who the eagle eye would be that caught it, lol.  Well other than I don't have photo shop and wouldn't know how to use it I have no explanation other than an optical illusion due to the angle of the shot I guess.  Anyway you can clearly tell here that the hinge is not under the LED bar - thanks goodness!

IBA member # 45520

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »

A collective sigh of relief! :oops: >:( ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.