Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Branching Out  (Read 2989 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: Branching Out
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »

I don't think Harley has to do poorly for Indian to be successful. I was never really dissatisfied with my Harleys
 so much as I wanted the style and ride of the new Indians. There was a time that I never thought I would own anything other than a Harley Davidson. Just another proof to never say never.

One more comment about the "American made" reason to buy Harley. They ain't all American any more. Neither is Indian but this was always advertised as a reason to buy a Harley. :-[

You're right...they don't, but still...Harley needs to fix some things or some will get tired of paying a premium for less quality.  I've never been dissatisfied with my Harley's either, other than minor things, but we all know that problems with our CVO's will arise with components that should not present us with problems.
I hear you about never saying never.  There are things I like about the Indians, but then there are things I like about the Beemers, too.  Time will tell, and the things both companies do in the next few years is going to make a lot of people's minds up.  I hope Harley is truly aware of that.  I do love my bike and will stay with them if staying with them makes the most sense.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »

We currently own:
1 Harley
1 Suzuki
1 BMW
2 Hondas
1 Ural
Diversity is a good thing, except when the insurance bill comes

Tested a Ural a few weeks back. Great utilitarian bike. This one was 2wd. I probably would own one now but they have one flaw I can't deal with. No power, 45 horsepower sucks. I rode the chair and the dealership owner was on the bike. I would guess the Ural was hauling 500lbs. of men. We got out on the interstate and struggled to make 65mph. I just can't see touring on one of those if you have to get on the interstate. Other than that they are cool but 45 horsepower should be 75.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:12 PM »

I like the Motus and if I were younger, and dumber, I might even buy one. But do to the aging process I am hopefully smarter and realize with no established dealer network and high initial cost they will fail, probably sooner than later.
I rode a new top of the line Indian @ Bikeweek last year, Vibrates, the higher you rev it, the more it shakes. POC in my opinion.
BMW high end tour bikes look very interesting. Closest dealer 50 miles away and were rude one Saturday when we stopped to look at them while riding my Harley. Never go back or buy a BMW.
All of the start up companies are scary to me, folks including myself never thought the Victory line would fail and now it has and all those people who invested there hard earned money have a steadily decreasing in value product. I personally think Indian is on a downward slope already, Polaris has already shown they have no loyalty to customers and if Indian gets a little slow, they are gone.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.