Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: "Tuning" using a FuelPack3 for Fueling or Woods cams  (Read 10697 times)

Elwood808

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • HI
"Tuning" using a FuelPack3 for Fueling or Woods cams
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

I have a 2016 Fatboy S, Vance and Hines Staggered Shots stock AC.  I am getting ready to do a cams swap, no pistons, no cyl or head work.  I am curious if any of you have used a FP3  to select Fueling or Woods cams and what were the results.  Did you have noticeable results or did you have to flash the factory ECM, swap tuners to get it tuned properly.  I am looking at Woods 777 or Fueling 574 cams fwiw.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
Re: "Tuning" using a FuelPack3 for Fueling or Woods cams
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:19:09 AM »

I have a 2016 Fatboy S, Vance and Hines Staggered Shots stock AC.  I am getting ready to do a cams swap, no pistons, no cyl or head work.  I am curious if any of you have used a FP3  to select Fueling or Woods cams and what were the results.  Did you have noticeable results or did you have to flash the factory ECM, swap tuners to get it tuned properly.  I am looking at Woods 777 or Fueling 574 cams fwiw.

Hey Elwood!

Wow, nothing but crickets, I wonder why? I can't believe all the VP3 owners aren't jumping in here and telling you how easy and simple it will be to dial in your new cams? No dyno tuning required, just push the magic button and everything will take care of itself right?. A bunch of new VP3 owner were in here a while back beating there chest about the new technology and how dyno tuners would be out of business. All cool aid drinkers.

Here's some auto tune reality. A cam swap requires a major change in VE to bring the AFR back into the desired range. The stock 02 sensors can read and provide usefull data in the 13.8-15.2 AFR range. The cam swap will move the AFR way outside of this window in many places making afr data unavailable until the VE numbers in the calibration are manually adjusted by a human. If V+H will provide a base cal that is close the auto tune might have a chance of getting the afrs right in the closed loop area. Here's the problem. Full throttle is out side of closed loop. Along with a dozen other critical adjustments like accell fuel, decell fuel, warm up enrichment, spark knock, spark tables,throttle blade settings, and many other things that all have to be adjusted manually by a human. The whole point of adding performance parts is to make power. Proper tuning is critical for optimum results. My.02, find a good dyno tuner.
They will reccomend and use TTS Mastertune.

OK VP3 owners! Start the pie throwing!   :nervous:  :o :nervous: :'( :nervous:

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:25:41 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »

Wow, I have never seen Steve go off like that, but I 100% agree.  Just spend your money once on a real tuner and call it done.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:41:44 AM »

Wow, I have never seen Steve go off like that, but I 100% agree.  Just spend your money once on a real tuner and call it done.

Sorry if I went off, Lol.. I have been waiting for days for the VP3 bandwagon to arrive. They were here before offering up the "solution" with blue tooth technology and special voodoo. Its just a simple cam swap, com on, tell us how the VP3 is going to deal with this chit? Where's the magic now? Spill your cool aid? I'm waiting! Lol..

Sorry, I went off again. No more coffee I'm out.  ;D

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 01:30:47 PM »

;D      I started to type a reply right after this thread was started, but then decided to wait and see what kind of responses he would get from that FP3 crowd.  I'm amazed not a single one of them took the time to help out a fellow V&H fan. :confused5:

Thanks Steve for telling him what I was thinking.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »

;D      I started to type a reply right after this thread was started, but then decided to wait and see what kind of responses he would get from that FP3 crowd.  I'm amazed not a single one of them took the time to help out a fellow V&H fan. :confused5:

Thanks Steve for telling him what I was thinking.

Jerry

X-2 Steve! There is no substitute for a good professional tune. None of the magic boxes that promise you everything from Amway to Zen can handle it. V& H just  came out with a new 30 HP Kit, now just with 575 cams ,a FP , pipe and an AC ...bingo.... 30 HP..DAMN!!  Steve are you getting nervous..??? LOL
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:29:32 AM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »

Elwood,

Take all this as constructive criticism! You're getting the best advise from the pros!

Steve,

It funny as there are a bunch of FP3 Kool-Aid Drinkers on the HD Fourm that think it's the next best thing since slice bread.

Oh yeah, there are more Drinkers regarding "Auto-Tune" as well! Lol

YB
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:49:06 PM by YELLOWBIRD »
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »

what is FP3   :confused5: 
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »

what is FP3   :confused5:

Fuel Pak 3, an upscale version of the old Fuel Pak Vance & Hines sold.  More capable than the older versions, but still no where near the capabilities of something like the TTS.  Higher price, lots of hype, but in the end it's still just a Fuel Pak.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 06:02:29 PM »

;)
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »

I have a 2016 Fatboy S, Vance and Hines Staggered Shots stock AC. I am getting ready to do a cams swap, no pistons, no cyl or head work.  I am curious if any of you have used a FP3  :o to select Fueling or Woods cams and what were the results.  Did you have noticeable results or did you have to flash the factory ECM, swap tuners to get it tuned properly.  I am looking at Woods 777 or Fueling 574 cams fwiw.

You need a Flash tuner, a guy that knows how to tune & there are other cams to strongly consider as a "Bolt In"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:46:52 AM by Mr D »
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »

Hey Elwood!

Wow, nothing but crickets, I wonder why? I can't believe all the VP3 owners aren't jumping in here and telling you how easy and simple it will be to dial in your new cams? No dyno tuning required, just push the magic button and everything will take care of itself right?. A bunch of new VP3 owner were in here a while back beating there chest about the new technology and how dyno tuners would be out of business. All cool aid drinkers.

Here's some auto tune reality. A cam swap requires a major change in VE to bring the AFR back into the desired range. The stock 02 sensors can read and provide usefull data in the 13.8-15.2 AFR range. The cam swap will move the AFR way outside of this window in many places making afr data unavailable until the VE numbers in the calibration are manually adjusted by a human. If V+H will provide a base cal that is close the auto tune might have a chance of getting the afrs right in the closed loop area. Here's the problem. Full throttle is out side of closed loop. Along with a dozen other critical adjustments like accell fuel, decell fuel, warm up enrichment, spark knock, spark tables,throttle blade settings, and many other things that all have to be adjusted manually by a human. The whole point of adding performance parts is to make power. Proper tuning is critical for optimum results. My.02, find a good dyno tuner.

Steve@fullsac.com

One thing to add on your comments Steve, is there CAM tooth sitting in FP3? 
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »

Fullsac didn't "go off" IMO, just saved they guy some money and heartache from motor damage.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 05:29:15 PM »

Just think of the reliability of auto"tune" systems for Harleys to be akin to the reliability of the auto"drive" system for Tesla. Still need a human to pay attention and override as necessary.
Just sayin',
Bob

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:03 PM »

Hey Elwood!

Steve@fullsac.com
I agree 100% with Steve.....go get-um Big Boy......lol....lol.....love it!!!!!!!
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.