Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street Cannons  (Read 1107 times)

Powergod

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2016 Breakout
Street Cannons
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »

My question is can I run Street Cannons on the 17 Limited CVO without a tuner?
If you can read this thank a teacher, if it's in English thank a soldier.

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
Re: Street Cannons
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »

Some would say yes, others would say no. I adhere to the good/better/best theory, where stock is good, SE Street tuner is better, and a flash tuner, like the TTS Mastertune, is best.
 The stock ECM was programmed to maintain stock performance, with stock components,  within the EPA/DOT limits. Good.
 SE Street Tuner has a tune for the ECM with those slip on mufflers, still maintaining the EPA/DOT limits, but has limited adjustability and speed governors.  Better.
Flash tuners allow for much broader adjustment of the ECM parameters, and calibration ability to match most any mods and components selected. Best.
Your $, your choice. I'm sure there are guys here who would help you spend it.  ;D

NH Bulldog

• Full CVO Member
    • NH

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Re: Street Cannons
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:17:37 AM »

Harley says on the product description that an ECM calibration is required, but that is hotly debated, as the muffler change is within the range of the ECM to adapt to.  I just added a set of Cobra Neighbor Haters, and have not tuned the bike and it runs fine.  However, to avoid a warranty "issue" with HD, I did buy their SE Pro Street Tuner and will run it through the Smart Tune process just to keep it in compliance.  I love the way the bike runs and performs and I am not looking to squeeze every bit of performance out of it that I can.  I just want a reliable, long-term bike that looks, runs and sounds great.   
2017 CVO Limited - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue with Wicked Sapphire
Red Knights MAL

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.