Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: `15 CVO Street Glide Transport Tie Downs  (Read 14695 times)

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

Re: `15 CVO Street Glide Transport Tie Downs
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Got the brackets back from plating. Ended up making a couple of spacers that will allow the lower bolts to clamp down on the mounts. As they are from HD, the lower bolt is a shoulder bolt and simply goes in the slot of the mount, but doesn't tighten down on it, allowing the mount to adj up/down. The top bolt is what tightens the mount down. My way utilizes both bolts for securing the mounts and brackets tight. The slot isnt wide enough for a washer or lockwasher, plus there just isnt' enough material in the mount to clamp down on, thus my spacers/washers that are sized to clamp down on most of the mount.[/URL[URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/us1fountain/media/IMG_4735_zpsd6hdn4n4.jpg.html][URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/us1fountain/media/IMG_4736_zpsqrhiqjng.jpg.html]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:19:15 PM by us1fountain »

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2017, 08:21:56 PM »

US1, Nicely Done...   ingenuity at its finest with the spacer.

'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »

They look great, nice work  :2vrolijk_21:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »

Very nice   :2vrolijk_21:

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 08:19:24 AM »

Have these on mine. Found the pic using Google.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-custom-tie-down-brackets-for-harley-touring-2014-2016
I have these on my 2003 Road King Classic and my 2012 CVO Street Glide!!  clean look and will not bend!!!  I see people driving 80 with bikes tied down to crash bars!!!! >:(

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »

These are the Yelvington brackets for the rear.  Had to modify them slightly to clear the exhaust, but otherwise work fine.  Ride solo on the road king which is why there is no rear foot pegs, but have same brackets on road glide.  Works either way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »

You know you can just take two loop straps and go around the fork tubes above the fender mounts and pull down tight and not have to use anything else? Plus the bike will ride on its suspension. I run a towing business and we've always trailer bikes this way. I have trailered my bike countless times like this. I sometimes wrap a microfiber towel around chrome forks to prevent the strap from dulling anything. Then just put a couple in the rear to keep from hopping side to side.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 08:42:32 PM »

Yaffe has some front tie down brackets that will work on E/G and R/G bikes, about $70 retail. They are a simple bent piece of steel with a couple of, what looks like, grade 8 bolts to replace the fuel tank front mounting bolts. I personally use the Kiwi Indian Bracket on my RG, it is a one piece "U" shaped bracket that replaces the front fuel tank mounting bolts as well as the upper center crash bar mounting bolt. I was leary when I ordered it, but it has now been on two bikes and is better thought out than I originally thought, and works well. IN the rear I now use the Yelvington Brackets.
Easy peasy.

Harleyman CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 RK Burgundy blaze fusion graphics
    • CVO2: 15 Sg ultra violet blue molten lava flames
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »

Yaffe has some front tie down brackets that will work on E/G and R/G bikes, about $70 retail. They are a simple bent piece of steel with a couple of, what looks like, grade 8 bolts to replace the fuel tank front mounting bolts. I personally use the Kiwi Indian Bracket on my RG, it is a one piece "U" shaped bracket that replaces the front fuel tank mounting bolts as well as the upper center crash bar mounting bolt. I was leary when I ordered it, but it has now been on two bikes and is better thought out than I originally thought, and works well. IN the rear I now use the Yelvington Brackets.
Easy peasy.

here's a video of these brackets https://m.
once you go CVO there's no going back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.