Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: RIP Victory Motorcycles  (Read 11602 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: RIP Victory Motorcycles
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 10:27:47 PM »

And then there were two...

I hope two things happen out of this; first, that HD doesn't get the big head and tries harder in the future.  And second, that Indian doesn't get the big head and tries harder as well.  And I'm not joking, either.

Deep down, I am rooting for both of them, and I'm secretly hoping that Indian will really kick it up several notches.  In my mind, this should make Harley try harder, and that's exactly what I want them to do.  Build a better bike and build the quality into it again, in a new and more aggressive way.
And stop raising the already ridiculous prices.  Surely even they can see there has to be a limit to CVO pricing somewhere!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

helimd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »

Well, what's going to happen to the Brammo electrics.  I had high hopes for the brand.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

This will put a major stress on many of the Victory/Indian dealers as the Scout currently the only model selling well in either brand. Service will still have the Victory units in operation to work on but by eliminating the brand and Indian currently having a very small market we will probably see some more closures with smaller dealers. The Slingshots have been getting some traction (no pun intended) so I assume we will start seeing multiple variations of it that should help the dealers that can "hang on". Also have to believe Indian will try and capitalize on the scout popularity as well as come up with a "high line" competitor for the CVO's.
Alan

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »

After a few beers thinking about this one for a while, my guess is Indian expands their lineup.  More models, more variations.  They have the production capacity to do so.  Indian is the nameplate they are betting on.  Maybe go head to head with HD more than now or look at the other cruisers in the market & take an Indian model in a different direction.  They have a lot "riding" on the Indian name now and they have advertised it extensively in some areas to build their brand.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Highrider

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »

Well resale values just sank. I too am disappointed, it seems that Polaris, DOES not learn when a bike doesn't sell, what are the reasons.
1. Ugly hideous paint schemes
2.Terrible exhaust sounds
3. No parts
4. Dealer support spotty at best.
5. AND ridiculous MSRPs

Something else is going on here, glad I did not buy any PII stock lately as it is done quite a bit from a year ago. Management is hiding something .

I own a 2011 Jackpot along with multiple Harley's, glad I got it, now I will be looking for spare parts as you know you won't find them in a year period. I might still be interested in a Magnum, but 10k IS now on the highside IMHO.

Too Bad

Highrider

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:36 PM »

I am not so sure Indian will survive either, it's resale is poor and they have just bit all the Victory customers. Polaris IMHO is now a take over target, they have been under performing due to many issues QC, Engineering, design acceptance and customer service.
They also do not realize the customer and " What" they want and henceforth due to make the same mistakes again with Indian.
Poor mgmt and small inside the box thinking caused Victory's demise,( see my above post)
Harley, has learned a lot in the last few years, the dealer experience is 10+ and their bikes are still pleasing.
I was going to suggest that Harley now copy Victory Magnum's details a little ( ok a lot) and design a bike with that beautiful rear fenders and bags on it . IMHO A new Harley Bagger looking somewhat like a Magnum would be Killer AND I would buy one in a minute!

Just picture this bike with a Harley Motor in it

Highrider

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 11:40:22 PM »

And this shot

Highrider

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 11:43:09 PM »

One more

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 07:56:16 AM »

And then there were two...

I hope two things happen out of this; first, that HD doesn't get the big head and tries harder in the future.  And second, that Indian doesn't get the big head and tries harder as well.  And I'm not joking, either.

Deep down, I am rooting for both of them, and I'm secretly hoping that Indian will really kick it up several notches.  In my mind, this should make Harley try harder, and that's exactly what I want them to do.  Build a better bike and build the quality into it again, in a new and more aggressive way.
And stop raising the already ridiculous prices.  Surely even they can see there has to be a limit to CVO pricing somewhere!

I agree.  You need at least two brands for rivalry    :huepfenlol2:   Like  Harley and the Davidson's series    ;)  Bring  back the  Races   :)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »

I'm saddened by the loss of Victory.  Not that I own one, however I feel competition to Harley is needed.  I believe that Victory and Indians stronger base motor's pushed Harley to develop the M8, which has the edge on the competition now.

I think the nice paint on the Victory Magnums for the past couple years forced HD to offer 3 different flame paint schemes on the Road Glide Special, Street glide special and the King.  The sound system on the Magnum beats HD offerings.

I think Victory folding will hurt Indian.  People well worry it will happen to Indian too.  Indian is also a very good product.  The Head unit on the Chief is really nice.

We need those two companies to make Harley improve their product.  The other brands are not real big competition to HD.

Now I am pushing harder than ever for Indian to become successful. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »

Just when I felt IMHO that Victory was getting their styling in line they fold their hand. Perfect time to buy one at a low price if you have ever had thoughts about one.  Resale is now officially in the toilet on them and as far as Indian goes the used ones I have seen are cheap buys as well. I do like that Indian upgraded the sound system and added navigation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:24:37 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »

Just an opinion but I think their demise has a lot to do with the Euro 4 regulations. Their engines would have needed a major new design to meet the new European regs and they didn't want to put in a significant reinvestment.  Unlike Harley with their new M8 motors which are expected to be Euro 4 compliant.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »

I have seen these for $17,000 prior to yesterday's announcement certainly cheaper than a street glide. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »

This sucks....Victory without a doubt was the innovator in the big twin motorcycle space over the past few years....SOHC, four valves, TPMS and their easy tap to neutral feature...are but a few that come to mind. 

If you ever rode their touring bike...you would probably agree, it was a great machine.

But it just lacked the pride of ownership and cool factor.  It feels good to pull into a Harley dealership and see 20-30 other Harley's in the parking lot with the guys and gals on the porch checking you out as you park your hog.

I would always get amped up while at sturgis about Victory and Indian, with all their hype and marketing crap.  Then when I'd get home and go to their dealership I would end up looking more at ATVs and snowmobiles....In fact at one dealership I ended up buying a chain saw!   Either they didn't have much inventory or they had no one who had any passionate knowledge.

Well now they only have Indian and I hope they force their dealers to only one brand and get all the other Polaris crap off the show room floor. 

I do feel sorry for all the current Victory owner.....maybe we should reach out to them for a patch over!!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 02:54:07 PM »

Bummer. Did not want one but I did like them.
Bill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.