Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: RIP Victory Motorcycles  (Read 11562 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: RIP Victory Motorcycles
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »

Yeah it's a CVO site with different categories for those that are interested in other newsworthy items. If you don't like the topic just don't read it, as for me I will keep my CVO as Victory never did anything for me. Anyone that owns or works for a business realizes the importance of competition.  A monopoly has not proven to benefit the majority. I'm for anything that will have Harley on a continuous improvement path.   

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »

You know what happens where there is no competition?  Harley does not improve there product.  Harley Jacks the prices even more with removing content.

The best thing is to have competition.  in the 70's american cars hand no competition and they keep getting crappier and crappier.  Then the imports gave them real competition.  Now we have some great American cars and trucks.

For  Sure!    :2vrolijk_21:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »

Yeah it's a CVO site with different categories for those that are interested in other newsworthy items. If you don't like the topic just don't read it, as for me I will keep my CVO as Victory never did anything for me. Anyone that owns or works for a business realizes the importance of competition.  A monopoly has not proven to benefit the majority. I'm for anything that will have Harley on a continuous improvement path.   
AGREED!! X2

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »

Switch Victory going away, jobs will go away also........ NOT GOOD.

Eccool

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »

A monopoly??  Are you fuc#ing serious?  Have you not heard of Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha?  They are far more competition for Harley than Indian will ever be.  You guys think a little niche manufacturer that has probably never sold more than 10,000 bikes in a year (Victory was around for 18 years and Polaris said they never sold more than 15,000 bikes in a year) is more competition than the Japanese?  Harley went from the Shovel to the Evo to the Twin Cam and there was no such thing as either Victory or Indian to prompt them.  There will still be plenty of competition even after Indian is dead and gone, hopefully for the final time.  F**k Indian.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »

A monopoly??  Are you fuc#ing serious?  Have you not heard of Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha?  They are far more competition for Harley than Indian will ever be.  You guys think a little niche manufacturer that has probably never sold more than 10,000 bikes in a year (Victory was around for 18 years and Polaris said they never sold more than 15,000 bikes in a year) is more competition than the Japanese?  Harley went from the Shovel to the Evo to the Twin Cam and there was no such thing as either Victory or Indian to prompt them.  There will still be plenty of competition even after Indian is dead and gone, hopefully for the final time.  F**k Indian.

Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki( Kawasaki and Suzuki are the same company)  Are not much of a competition.  I know very few people who cross shop Harley and one of those 3, and the ones who do cross shop are usually looking at Goldwing or FB6.  I know lots who cross shop Indian and Victory to Harley. 

So yes, even though Indian and Victory sell less bike than the three Japanese companies, they are more competition as it is a closer style and market for the bikes.  The Japanese brands much of their sales are sub 1000 cc bike, 

Yea, twin cam has been around 15 plus years with little to no improvement.  The 110's been around since 07, ten years.  They still have an extremely high lifter failure rate.

The only bikes I would consider besides Harley are the FB6, GTL1600 and several Indians and victories.  From the looks of this forum, most who cross shop are the bikes I just named.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »

Eccool..... ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:39:43 PM by Haird »

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »

I agree with Dave 100%.  The other manufacturers other than what Dave mentioned have nothing that is similar, unless you count the Kawasaki 1700 bagger.  I like the ride from the F6B and other than the amount of wind that would be hard to manage for rider & passenger it was a decent riding machine.  I like the BMW touring machines but I would need a very low seat making it very uncomfortable. I think it was obvious that Victory was not being aggressive in making changes that would make it more pleasing to the eye.  Something about Polaris that keeps designing some awful looking fenders for the Victory & Indian models but that is just my opinion, and doesn't count for much except for my next choice.     

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »

Although I ride a Harley, I like ALL motorcycles, and do NOT wish ill towards any particular bike.

One thing I try to remember is that most of us got our motorcycling start on something other than a Harley. While some may believe that those other brands are not worthy of comparison to the CVO line up, I beg to differ. In fact, in a way those other brands may be superior because they led some of us us to make our current purchase.

As for Harley being in a league of it's own, it is,.....price wise. Not everyone can afford a $40K bike right off the bat, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy riding as much as you or I, so let them enjoy the other brands. After all they may be the ones who stop to help us when we're on the side of the road with bad lifters, compensators, valve guides, stators, clutch failure, and so on.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »

Although I ride a Harley, I like ALL motorcycles, and do NOT wish ill towards any particular bike.

One thing I try to remember is that most of us got our motorcycling start on something other than a Harley. While some may believe that those other brands are not worthy of comparison to the CVO line up, I beg to differ. In fact, in a way those other brands may be superior because they led some of us us to make our current purchase.

As for Harley being in a league of it's own, it is,.....price wise. Not everyone can afford a $40K bike right off the bat, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy riding as much as you or I, so let them enjoy the other brands. After all they may be the ones who stop to help us when we're on the side of the road with bad lifters, compensators, valve guides, stators, clutch failure, and so on.

But I could be wrong.

Well Said!!
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »

I went to my dealer today who also owns the Indian dealer down the street. They were celebrating being number 1 in Scout sales in the Western region in February. When I asked how bikes (Indians) they sold last month they said 7. I said I was surprised selling 7 Scouts made them number 1 in the region and he told me "we sold 7 new Indians, not just Scouts"..
Ohh boy, long road ahead for them!
Alan

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2017, 01:46:32 AM »

I think our local Harley dealer probably didn't do much better! Power sports sales in our area have been way off the last 2 years.
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »

I agree with Ironhorse. When we were on the side of the freeway with a blown motor all the bikes rode by and one lady stopped in a car and another guy stopped with a dirt bike in the back of his pickup offered to go dump it off and come back. I thanked both for stopping but we had a tow truck coming by then.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »

Bike sales down in our area and we have a new Indian dealer opening up next month, between two HD dealers.
Also a Royal Enfield dealer
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:29:15 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.