Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adding for lights to my Street Glide, considering Rigid off road lights  (Read 2615 times)

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member

I love my 2015 Street Glide but the stock lighting for night rides leaves a lot to be desired. I have the Custom Dynamics signal lights and they give good visibility but I need something to light up the road a good 100 ft ahead of me.  I am considering putting 2 Rigid Dually spot lights on the front crash bars. 

I have seen the Harley fog lights and want something that puts out more light. 

Has anyone installed Rigid lights on theirs or any other suggestions?

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
Re: adding for lights to my Street Glide, considering Rigid off road lights
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »

Well. I just found out Rigid makes a street legal light which shoots a wide short pattern. I will most likely get those.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »

I put those on my sons Jeep, crazy bright!
Alan

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »

Check out these Engine Guard LEDs lights.

Pretty clean set up. I don't have any personal experience with them, but the seem pretty bright.

Not cheap.

YB

www.ciriususa.com
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »

I know Rigid is near the top of the industry for vehicle lighting, and I've considered putting some on my Jeep.
As an option, those of us who've been around the forum for a while talk about Motolights https://motolight.com/ and Clearwaters https://clearwaterlights.com/
Both of these brands are highly regarded by bikers, but they are expensive.  Still...you do get what you pay for.
If you get the Rigid lights, please do a review if you can and show pictures of the process!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »

Temporary installed the lights and it is a bit tough to show via pics how much light is throw out. But im quite happy with it will try to post a vid when properly aligned. It was 200 for lights and 25 for clamps off Amazon.

Here is a pretty horrible vid i put together to show the lights. Will update later when i get it properly aligned.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:00:02 PM by kalikali »

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »

There's nothing like adding extra light for those of us that like to ride at night.  The Riged's are an interesting choice. Good lights that hold up well but square and only 1500 lumens ea. Harley and Moto make great looking lamps but even lower in lumens. I've found Clearwaters to be the solution for me on four of our bikes with the chrome bezel added for the HD. At 6000 lumens ea they turn night into day.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »

I ran the factory passing lamp set up and you used to be able to razor knife the boot off the HD bulb and then you could swap the bulb out with higher wattage Phillips H3s and for $10 you had some nice aux lights. They probably make LED bulbs now too.

sprinkman

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »

I installed Dynamic Ringz for turn signals when not signaling they give out a white light I think better than my passing lights.
take a look    http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_davidson_led_turn_signals.htm 

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »

Got a buddy who is a big bicycle rider. Rides a lot after midnight due to lighter traffic/less heat. Uses a 4000 lumen Fenix flashlight mounted on handlebars that has about 5 levels of light. AMAZING light. Propaganda came with light says 1300 foot beam and they have a new one with a advertised 2296 foot beam. Would seem somenone would make a light for our bikes with more than the 1500 Lumens that the Rigid has.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »

There's nothing like adding extra light for those of us that like to ride at night.  The Riged's are an interesting choice. Good lights that hold up well but square and only 1500 lumens ea. Harley and Moto make great looking lamps but even lower in lumens. I've found Clearwaters to be the solution for me on four of our bikes with the chrome bezel added for the HD. At 6000 lumens ea they turn night into day.
Look cool also!
Alan

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »

Just an update on this thread, I finally was able to ride my bike at night and these Rigids throw out light but not a substantial amount long distances.  You cant beat the price, the fact they are SAE and it is much better than just the stock setup but not the best for night fast highway riding. Will look into the Clear Water and other options.

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 10:50:53 PM »

The rigids come in 4 configurations. Wide, Driving, Diffused, and Hyperspot. I have the Driving lights at 3,000 lumens and am in the process of installing them. I did a mock up just shooting them out of the shop door with the Dual Daymakers on high beam and it is just obnoxious bright. The driving model has 6 beams while the wide and diffused have 4. I have not seen the Hyperspot configuration yet. I will try to post a light pattern pic when finished.

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member

This!
I attended a trade show and they had Clear Water lights on display for a small discount. I saw them before on a bike that was following me and I was impressed, so I ended up buying 2 sets of Krista's for two of my bikes.  I was looking for a beam that shoots out straight for long highway rides.  The other shoot out wide. Let me tell you, I am sold on this product and Clear Water will be the only bike lights I use from now on.  It puts out massive light and everyone notices you.  I was going to leave the Rigids on temporarily to do a test, but I might just leave them on permanently now since they throw out different light.  I love the fact that when you honk your horn or flash your high beams the lights go on at 100%, plus the fact they are dimmable was the final deciding factor (it seems to be the only decent fog lights that are dimmable on the market).  Installation was a PIA but well worth the headache.  Keep in mind these arent street legal and they can be dangerous for on coming traffic if you blast them on high at night, but overall excellent product and I highly recommend them.  I will be putting amber light covers on the Rigids and leaving the Ever clear lights clear.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:05:33 AM by kalikali »

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.