Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Asking for how best to carry while riding?  (Read 3871 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Asking for how best to carry while riding?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »

Lots of good comments in above posts.......
In my training and experience it is best to stay with the same weapon and carry location all the time so you don't become confused under stress trying to figure out today's weapon location or function. As far as extra ammo, that is more about piece of mind vs. reality......The average shooting only involves 2 or 3 rounds and many of them only one shot is fired. So there are out of the ordinary examples where more rounds are fired but that is why they make the news.
I encourage people to overcome the urge to carry large amounts of ammo by developing their shooting accuracy and confidence in what ever caliber they choose to bet their life on such as a hit with a .9mm beats a miss with a .44mag. That being said use the largest caliber you can effectively hit with and it has a proven man stopping ability. My personal choice is a quality .45acp with hollow-point ammo that has been shot many times through the carry pistol so I have faith in it's function.
For carry location I advocate for an inside the waistband strong side carry since you can reach it in almost any position,standing,sitting,kneeling etc. You also have more control over the weapon and can keep someone from grabbing it from you. Your natural targeting motion will have you raising the weapon up and down until you fire so you will be on target quicker and stay on target longer than if you carry cross draw where you are moving the weapon horizontally and are moving across the target. Most people aren't as wide as they are tall so you have to work harder to stop the weapon on target and get a hit.
I agree that the best defense is being observant and trying to prevent getting yourself into bad situations or using your bike/ car to leave the area before things happen.

jc15025

• 2015 CVO FLHXSE
  • Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »

Use a sticky holster on hip and a s&w first response knife case for magazine.

https://stickyholsters.com/

http://jaysknives.com/smithwessonmore/BlackieCollinsRiflemansTool.jpg

sold a 2005 Softail Deluxe and 1971 GTO  for my new used 2015 FLHXSE

Magnut1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »

Carry my Sig P938 (smaller than my 45) in my IWB holster small of back, and this for my Sig 1911 Ultra compact 45.   Doesn't work that great on 13 and down models. But 14 up, you can flip up the lid handle and it is right there.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »

I carry my XDM 9 4.5 19+1 cocked an locked every day all day strong side
in a Hidden Hybred Holster. This holster works great either IWB or OWB and can be changed from IWB to OWB in about 2 min or less so only have to carry 1 holster and the Wife has more room for her junk  cause you know Happy wife Happy life and more Guns.

Most days when riding it is OWB covered by my shirt or jacket. I will  have an extra mag as the last thing in saddle bag and 1 in clothes bag that goes in my room with me. I am  a strong believer you need to carry the same way  when riding as you would  any other time you are carrying and hope fully the same way you carry when you TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

Carry on my Friends!!!!! 
Everyday and HOPE I NEVER NEED IT.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »

Carry my Sig P938 (smaller than my 45) in my IWB holster small of back, and this for my Sig 1911 Ultra compact 45.   Doesn't work that great on 13 and down models. But 14 up, you can flip up the lid handle and it is right there.
As I mentioned before you may want to consider sticking with one gun in one location to keep up best speed and performance as well as other issues of not having weapon on the person such as:
If a weapon is not on the person it's not under their control and kind of defeats the purpose of having it for a rapid response to a problem. What if saddlebag is full of clothes etc? Are you going to unload weapon from bike every restaurant and motel etc. you stop at to maintain control? If left on bike you may have a theft problem......
Otherwise if you want to transport a weapon on a bike but aren't planning to use it for rapid self defense you should consider a vault for secure transport.
http://www.consolevault.com/harley-davidson-bagger-vault.html#.WG7OEFyy6tY

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 06:40:54 AM »

I carry my XDM 9 4.5 19+1 cocked an locked every day all day strong side
in a Hidden Hybred Holster. This holster works great either IWB or OWB and can be changed from IWB to OWB in about 2 min or less so only have to carry 1 holster and the Wife has more room for her junk  cause you know Happy wife Happy life and more Guns.

Most days when riding it is OWB covered by my shirt or jacket. I will  have an extra mag as the last thing in saddle bag and 1 in clothes bag that goes in my room with me. I am  a strong believer you need to carry the same way  when riding as you would  any other time you are carrying and hope fully the same way you carry when you TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

Carry on my Friends!!!!! 
Everyday and HOPE I NEVER NEED IT.
:jack: :jack:
Those holsters are made local to me. I have one for one of my small guns and like it. Now if my hip and back would quit hurting, I could wear it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.