Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: AirMedCare now includes CALSTAR......  (Read 1950 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
AirMedCare now includes CALSTAR......
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »

Are any of you CVO owners members of this mediflight group?  Any personal experiences that you'd like to share?

Looks to be more affordable than what I would have thought.

http://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: AirMedCare now includes CALSTAR......
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »

Are any of you CVO owners members of this mediflight group?  Any personal experiences that you'd like to share?

Looks interesting, looking forward to hear what you find out about them
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »

I've heard the stories of those $7k and $10k medi flight bills.  $65 a year for the entire family under the roof seems pretty affordable, especially for anybody that does a lot of riding.  More miles that we put on, the greater the odds of an accident.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »

JC, I joined several months ago after their rep did a presentation to our H.O.G. Chapter.  I did investigate and found nothing negative and at $65 per family for a year it is certainly affordable.  This is one of those expenditures where I hope I never get my monies worth for sure but nice to know it's there if I should need it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Jerry.  Exactly what I was thinking.....cheap if one of us ever needs it but I sure hope we don't!  It could even be a car accident or some other mishap that calls for mediflight.  I see them more and more often when traveling so $65 is cheap insurance. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »

I've heard the stories of those $7k and $10k medi flight bills.  $65 a year for the entire family under the roof seems pretty affordable, especially for anybody that does a lot of riding.  More miles that we put on, the greater the odds of an accident.
Especially chasing you around!!
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 07:00:39 AM »

That is pretty reasonable. 

5 years ago, I was meds flighted off an off shore drill ship.  The Helicopter company sent the bill to my home, rather than my companies office.  I almost had a heart attack when I read the bill.  32,550.95. 

Sure glad I did not have to pay it
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

Especially chasing you around!!

My stock motor holds me back.  However, when you twist the wick on that 124"......well......thinkin you might want to seriously consider this just a tad bit more than me.  Jusayinzall   :P

West Coast GTG   

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »

Something good to do some research on.

In New Jersey the State Police use to run all the air med flights. They still do occasionally but most of that work is now done by private companies run by hospitals. In Jersey paramedics only run from hospitals, so there is an inherent reason to call for a helo, sometimes for very short rides.
$15K seems about normal and most flights are not very long. We have multiple trauma hospitals around the state.

Only one burn hospital though in the northern half of the state, those rides really get pricey with the extra level of care that goes with burn victims.

The above med care, can't find them on BBB, but another outfit did pop up, out of Florida and has an A- rating, pretty good.

With air transport 'taking off' and a profitable business, NJ had to pass a law regarding the dispatching of helos, closest one get the go ahead.

Consumer Affairs rates air transport
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/health/air-ambulance/

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »

$65 is a small price to pay for what could happen. That being said, if you should need the service, there are alot of variables that go into the decision to fly you out. First you have to have a truck jockey who is smart and humble enough to make the decision to call for the flight. Then you have to have the weather cooperate with flight. These days, it doesn't take much for flights to be grounded. Let us not forget you need a suitable LZ (landing zone). So jockey says you need to fly and the sun is shining and there isn't a cross wind blowing, now you have to hope they call a flight that is "in network". Here in eastern Tn, one company flies all the birds. Scare Evac and the trauma hospitals birds are owned by the parent company. Their area also includes surrounding states within flight area. You shouldn't be in any condition to request one company over another, if another is available.

Something to check into, see if you are covered for facility to facility transport. Many times, air is faster than ground to get to intervention.

These are just some thoughts from someone who works closely with air transport. Food for thought. Take it for what it's worth.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »

$65 is a small price to pay for what could happen. That being said, if you should need the service, there are alot of variables that go into the decision to fly you out. First you have to have a truck jockey who is smart and humble enough to make the decision to call for the flight. Then you have to have the weather cooperate with flight. These days, it doesn't take much for flights to be grounded. Let us not forget you need a suitable LZ (landing zone). So jockey says you need to fly and the sun is shining and there isn't a cross wind blowing, now you have to hope they call a flight that is "in network". Here in eastern Tn, one company flies all the birds. Scare Evac and the trauma hospitals birds are owned by the parent company. Their area also includes surrounding states within flight area. You shouldn't be in any condition to request one company over another, if another is available.

Something to check into, see if you are covered for facility to facility transport. Many times, air is faster than ground to get to intervention.

These are just some thoughts from someone who works closely with air transport. Food for thought. Take it for what it's worth.

Interesting user name responding to this topic.....do you work in the medical field or on one of these medi flights?  In what capacity?

Their website FAQs says that all flights where threat of life or limb are concerned are covered 100% and shows all the medi flight companies that are included in their network.  They also have a location map that reflects locations all over the US and many in eastern Tenn.  You can see them here.....  http://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/coverage

West Coast GTG   

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 11:08:57 PM »

I couldn't quite gather whether coverage was the entire continental US, or just within a 100 mile radius from any of their providers.  Their coverage map looks fairly spotty.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »

From what I am reading this will only get you to the nearest hospital. That is the easy part. The hard part is getting you back home. 2011 I was on a Colarado trip. Stopped in Walsenburg on the way back and stopped in a church parking lot to check maps and use restroom in the Hardee's next to it.  Walking back yo my bike my left ankle shattered (had a stress fracture and did not know it). My insurance paid to get me to Pueblo to the hospital there.  Came time to go back to Kansasa City area. $21,000 would have been the bill for an ambulance and would have been out of my pocket.

Every since then I carry this on my wife and myself.  http://www.geosalliance.com/geos-services/worldwide-medical-evacuation/  As you see they pay to get you home. I travel in my job and as I get older things happen. To date I have not had to use it. Now if something happens we do not have to worry about getting back home. 130 for individual & 230 for a couple 330 for family. All are for North America.

My research on them told me they were a good company to do business with
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:15:19 PM by dmnrdn »

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 06:54:55 AM »

Interesting user name responding to this topic.....do you work in the medical field or on one of these medi flights?  In what capacity?

I have been a critical care RN for 17 yrs in either the ER or ICU. I deal with flights almost weekly. Having worked from Cincinnati to Chattanooga, I have felt with a few different companies.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »

If you are in a critical situation requiring airlift you really won't have time or ability to check on who is in what network, etc.  Depending on your condition yo may not have the physical / mental ability to determine or refuse airlift. 

It is my understanding that AirMedCare is not an actual provider of services but rather if one of their affiliates provides the service then AirMedCare will cover the cost. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »

I received a mailing from them today, unsolicited. It looks like a good deal almost. North Carolina,
most of Florida, New England, upper Midwest, Utah, Idaho, and Washington state are not in network. I think I will sign up.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.