Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No more individual state HOG rallies?  (Read 3565 times)

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
Re: No more individual state HOG rallies?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »

I was on the Va Rally Committee last year, and friends of mine that are on it this year keep saying that corporate HOG is very involved with over seeing all the planning and events this year. They keep saying its gonna be "different" than it has in previous years.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »

I was on the Va Rally Committee last year, and friends of mine that are on it this year keep saying that corporate HOG is very involved with over seeing all the planning and events this year. They keep saying its gonna be "different" than it has in previous years.

Oh great the same bean counters that can't get a motor right are going to throw the parties.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »

Oh great the same bean counters that can't get a motor right are going to throw the parties.

And they're the same guys who thought the Rushmore project was pure genius, too!  Hope the HOG rallies don't turn out to be rushed-more as well.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »

I like to think that no matter what the event, my good time is somewhat dependent on me. That being said we have attended four Florida State Rallye's since 2000 that memories actually stick with me.
None of them have been particularly exciting, some were awful (Tampa - Ybor City), some were OK (2016 Lakeland) and the other two were nothing I would go back for. The only reason I went in 16 was for Factory demo truck, it was at the airport, effcently ran and worked out well, Left as soon as we completed riding the bikes I wanted to ride and didn't have to pay to attend.
I think we are spoiled, Daytona is a couple hour ride, twice a year, Panama City a little further but still less than a day also twice a year and the Key West Poker run in September that we love and all are Free. So therefore I balk at paying to go to a small rallye that really offers me very little.
So hopefully the regional rallye's will offer more, better entertainment, a venue with decent parking for the entertainment and folks running the event that want you to be there and cost needs to come down, alot. IMHO.

mark

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 06:59:36 PM »

Ridership is declining and customer base getting older.  Basically, after you go to a state rally or two, you've seen everything - same factory bikes, same vendors.  It also seemed some of the state rally locations were selected to appease dealers, not us.  Just can't get excited about going to a rally in Alexandria, LA (no offense to anyone there).  Best state rally I went to was the Arkansas Rally in Hot Springs, due to the riding area.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.