Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Carrying drinking water bottle  (Read 3903 times)

ultraswede

Re: Carrying drinking water bottle
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »

Thanks all for the input.

On of the suggestions made me think of the racing bicycle accessory below.
I will bolt it on the left hand top leg shield covers. Should blend in reasonable well.

Avalible both Rh and Lh access.

http://www.syncros.com/se/en/products/2386190001222/Tailor-3-0-Bottle-Cage---Left

Glenncarp

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »

In my old 09 Ultra, there was one compartment on each side in the fairing lower/leg  fairings.
Now when I have a 2016 CVO LTD, I cant find a good place to store a drinking water bottle accessible when riding.

How do you guys solve this problem?

I think you may be talking about the hog trough

http://www.hogtrough.com/

I had it on my '11 SERGU, it is AWESOME! Comes with insulated water bottle, spill proof coffee mug and a neoprene cylindrical piece to put around a regular soda can and it contained two doors to replace the stock HD glove box doors. The left had the metal cage attached to it to hold the drink bottle, coffee mug or soda can, the other side had a round key and lock to secure valuables.

I don't see that they make one for the water jacket HD models, they may be working on one because HD sells speakers to replace the covers on the water jacket models, so why not aftermarket pieces? If/When they make ones for the new models, I will be first in line to buy one!

Glenncarp

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »

I think you may be talking about the hog trough

http://www.hogtrough.com/

I had it on my '11 SERGU, it is AWESOME! Comes with insulated water bottle, spill proof coffee mug and a neoprene cylindrical piece to put around a regular soda can and it contained two doors to replace the stock HD glove box doors. The left had the metal cage attached to it to hold the drink bottle, coffee mug or soda can, the other side had a round key and lock to secure valuables.

I don't see that they make one for the water jacket HD models, they may be working on one because HD sells speakers to replace the covers on the water jacket models, so why not aftermarket pieces? If/When they make ones for the new models, I will be first in line to buy one!

Whoops, should have read web page before posting, looks like they developed one since I last checked in July.

http://www.hogtrough.com/products-page/2014-2017-twin-cooled/

They state they no longer can provide the insulated water bottle. The one they sold with the kit sucked as the drink leaked out of the spout. I found the same exact one at an Ace hardware for $6 that worked flawlessly and was EXACT same item as the one in the kit.

Just ordered mine!

MC16LTD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited (FLHTKSE)
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 01:33:45 PM »

+1 on the HogTrough and bought the Kury holder that mounts on to the trunk for the wife.
2016 CVO Limited Palladium Silver & Phantom Blu, Fullsac DX w/2" Power Cores and Sleeves, SERT, Wild1's 10" mini-apes, HogTrough drink holder for those hot or cold days.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

i use a cupholder from barefoot willies that mounts on my handlebars.  with that i also use a large double wall insulated cup.  holds over 20 0z.  fill it with ice, and then top off with water.  by the time the ice has melted and it's almost empty, it'll be time to stop.  i then just top it off at the convenience store at the gas station with ice.  99% of them don't have a problem with it.  that other 1% want to charge a quarter for ice.....  booo!

for those that say to just stop and take a break, well, that sounds good.  but in hot, humid la weather, not drinking for an hour or more can be hazardous to your health.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »

Gotta agree with RGlideKid on this.  I have the same setup on my 13'. Momma hands out the refreshments goin down the road. We use a bottle that you keep in the freezer and the solution inside the cup walls freeze. Make sure you get the one with the pop-up straw because ones the straw won't stow will leak out due to air going across the top and sucks it out and gets the rt. side of your bike wet....lol

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:30 PM »

Like JC, I use the XFMT, and so does the passenger. It's a great system and I love having it right in front of me in easy grasp. I had one of those mounted to the saddlebag guard and didn't like it. The drink was always in heat from the engine. Also, over time the Pleather breaks down and looses it's shape. Not a problem a slow speed, but over 60mph the pocket would collapse from wind when you pulled the bottle out. Then you're left trying to open the pocket to put the bottle back in at speed. Most of the time I ended up inverting the bottle and using the nipple to force the pocked open so I could shove it down. Of course, your experience may be different.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.