Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Top Coat  (Read 4172 times)

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
Top Coat
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:12:39 AM »

I saw this advertisement on facebook. Has anyone used this product yet? Appears to be a product we all could use to keep our machines clean. https://topcoat.store/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:15:12 AM by Glide-man »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Top Coat
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:20:06 PM »

No not me, never seen, heard of it and will never try it. Just to many good, tested quality products that are chemically balanced and you can feel confident down the road that you won't have problems. Who's to say your paint won't start to crack or fail as a result of this stuff? And then what do you do, Go on Facebook?
Not interested in an untested product from a company I never heard of that chooses to advertise on Social Media.
Just my opinion.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »

I saw this advertisement on facebook. Has anyone used this product yet? Appears to be a product we all could use to keep our machines clean. https://topcoat.store/
Saw the same ad on my Facebook page (there must be a way they can "see" one's interest in motorcycles) ???! Of course the product is claimed to be wonderful LOL ::) ..........but the price is crazy high and it appears to be available only through "them" :-\!! I've been using Bugslide and am reasonably happy with the results. It appears to be similar to the Top Coat product but is much better priced and readily available either online or even at my Grand Junction H-D dealer. Works well for touching up, but if my bike is significantly dirty I'll wash it first, then finish off with a Bugslide application to keep the "protection" active :).
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 07:13:56 PM »

Until I see incontrovertible independent scientific proof, as opposed to BS advertisements, I never bite on these scams and I'd suggest others take the same approach.  There is no magical secret formula that makes any of these overpriced products worth more than the name brands you can find at reasonable prices from multiple sources. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »

Somebody is supposed to endorse this Top Coat stuff as the bestest ever wax/polish. Nothing ever better, blah blah blah.   Then somebody else is supposed to say, nuh-uh Brand X is better.  Then the thread goes for 5 pages about various waxes and stuff until somebody figures out the person who says Top Coat is better is selling the stuff. 

That's the way these threads are supposed to go.   ;)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »

Somebody is supposed to endorse this Top Coat stuff as the bestest ever wax/polish. Nothing ever better, blah blah blah.   Then somebody else is supposed to say, nuh-uh Brand X is better.  Then the thread goes for 5 pages about various waxes and stuff until somebody figures out the person who says Top Coat is better is selling the stuff. 

:sauer024:  :P

I'll believe it when I see Jay using it in his garage.  :drink:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »

Thanks for the input gentlemen. 60 bucks for 16oz bottle and a couple microfiber cloths. I wonder how much sales they generated from Facebook? If I could do a car and my bike for that maybe. I'm using just the Speed Shine  from Griots between washes and rarely wash it unless I'm caught in rain and it's extremely dirty. So what does everyone use and recommend?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 09:06:44 PM »

Thanks for the input gentlemen. 60 bucks for 16oz bottle and a couple microfiber cloths. I wonder how much sales they generated from Facebook? If I could do a car and my bike for that maybe. I'm using just the Speed Shine  from Griots between washes and rarely wash it unless I'm caught in rain and it's extremely dirty. So what does everyone use and recommend?

I jumped on the Royal Blue bandwagon a few years back and really like it. I also like to put a fresh coat of Rejex on the bike and truck during the first spring detailing.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »

I use Adams Polishes and Bugslide. Been thinking about some form of Ceramic Coating which Adams also has.
2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »

I jumped on the Royal Blue bandwagon a few years back and really like it. I also like to put a fresh coat of Rejex on the bike and truck during the first spring detailing.

Royal Blue is good stuff. I use the wax,the detail wax, & the wash.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 12:47:33 PM »

He did ask, iski....and away we go.... ;D

Used all kinds of things over the years.  I am currently liking Zymol products (wax is great...wash is fairly good) but use the HD Sunwash most of the time when it's warshtyme.  Plain lemon Pledge between warshins'....microfiber cloths ALL the time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:54:20 PM by Haird »

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.