Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Gloss Black License Plate Frame  (Read 5878 times)

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
Re: Gloss Black License Plate Frame
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »

Looks like Yaffe's Stealth 3 is the only game in town, that I can find ?
Concern I have is displaying the Plate sticker & staying legal here in Illinois
Any other choices out there ??

I've been around several IL State Police with my bike. Not a single one has mentioned a problem with the bottom corner of my sticker being covered. All letters and expiration year are visible.  Just like the pictures posted. My bars are "above shoulder height" & exhaust isn't stock, which are "illegal" in WI anyways. Not get caught driving like a  raped-ape, and you won't have a problem.  :2vrolijk_21:
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

Scratch

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

I recently bought one of these and have it assembled and ready to go on. Purchased at http://directcycleparts.com/, they discount everything, bought my V&H exhaust and fp3 there. I painted the rear black as someone commented that the screw heads reflect, so they took it off and painted the back black. Big snow here last night and cold is moving in so I will put it on in a few days. My brothers here in Maryland say no problem having your stickers clipped off by the frame, so I'm gonna give it a shot. No instruction in the box or on the Yafee site, so I found some here:https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/pdf/instructions/21/dk216151.pdf

2014 CVO Road King, V&H Dresser Duals, Hi Output Mufflers, V&H Fuel Pak 3, Wild1 Beach Bars

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »

That's the same instructions that came with mine however the handwritten wiring diagram is wrong.    Mine came with a Blue wire+ and a black wire-.   My instructions said that if the frame did not light when plugged in, pop the orange retainer out of the connector and swap the wires to reverse polarity and then try.    I didn't have to do this because mine did light up but others have posted that they did have to swap the wires...

I felt the install was fairly easy.   For me carefully trimming my plate to fit and buffing the area around the old tail light took the longest...     

Some folks mentioned that their LEDs failed over time.   I think that was for an old design.   Mine has 12 square LEDs mounted on a crescent shaped PCB that is 3m taped into position.    Just to be safe, I took some clear RTV Silicone and completely encased the PCB -   I thought this might keep water from getting to it and maybe make it last longer...

Works good.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.