Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Incentives........  (Read 3919 times)

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Stage IV
Incentives........
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:36:01 PM »

I'm sure this has been posted many times. My question to you all is what incentives do you expect as well as what kinda incentives do some of you get for buying a 40K CVO?
Thanks And All the Help is Much Appreciated.....
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Incentives........
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »

This reminds me of the saying "Did you get kissed before you got screwed"... sorry, couldn't resist. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:16 PM »

I think a salesman bought me a coke once....
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »

An a jar of Vaseline
Most great stores start with a bad decision

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »

Ya that's about it I'm seeing so far!
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 09:08:37 PM »

I'm sure this has been posted many times. My question to you all is what incentives do you expect as well as what kinda incentives do some of you get for buying a 40K CVO?
Thanks And All the Help is Much Appreciated.....

He's talking about Harley?  Right?   :huepfenlol2:

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »

Sure Am. But yes I get it. I just thought there was a discount ect on accessories and or labor or clothing. Or maybe throw in a Jacket or atleast more then Vasoline!!!
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »

The later into the season the less chance you have. Minimal movement on price when I bought mine, 1000 off. Made most my move on trade in.  1 dealer wanted 3K over retail, offered 13.5K trade.  The other dealer have the 1K off, and 18.5K   trade. That's a big money swing. Dealers where 60/80 miles apart.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 11:41:08 PM »

Sure Am. But yes I get it. I just thought there was a discount ect on accessories and or labor or clothing. Or maybe throw in a Jacket or atleast more then Vasoline!!!

Sorry about the Vaseline comment, that comes after purchase. Last new one I bought was in 09 from Forman HD in Stillwater Ok. At that time they gave you a imprinted card that had like 6 or 8 items on it. Trying to remember what all was on it.
20% offer all parts and accessories on the original contract
20% off first service
20% off one time purchase of leather
Free Tee that said "I got mine at" whatever dealer you purchased from.
Don't remember the rest of what was on that card and have no idea if any dealers still have them
Most great stores start with a bad decision

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 12:48:47 AM »

No worry Ik what you ment about the Vasoline comment and didn't even think of it as a Negative reply at all. Just had a Major Fall out with the dealership that I had my bike on order with so I got my money back and in the Morning we are gonna go look for another CVO and was just wanting to see if I'm asking for to much. I thought there was more of an incentive then just 15% off parts and clothing! Full price for labor on 16K of accessories just isn't right. The Dealerships owner and Family are awesome but the head salesman lies and don't know his Job very well. Must be hard to get educated help for a women's style job. Then hire a women for a women's job instead of a very uneducated drop out. Sorry girls I don't mean that you don't do anything by any means but a Harley salesperson don't have to do much. It sucks cause I like the dealership just can't stand the "Head" salesman as we find out the hard way. I was warned about him not being the brightest guy by any means but I'm the type to give everyone atleast a chance. He Talks out of both sides of his mouth. I even got a raised voice towards me explaining to me that they gotta pay 2% tax on transactions. Well I didn't raise my voice that I gotta pay 7% sales tax plus there city tax ect.... If you can't get respect for Spending 60K on a Major Purchase I guess I'd rather go where I can or don't have the TOY at all. Was a real chitty Deal and never thought you could get treated that bad from someone your doing a favor for but no they must think there doing you a favor. A favor isn't putting you in debt but me taking there debt and making it mine is a Major favor in my eyes. And I'm far from expecting it free! I ordered the Bike back many Months ago and now this worthless salary paid guy makes the dealership lose a big sale. His own boss must believe his lies is the sad part as I got all the emails and texts to prove he's the problem. He's as worthless as what floats in your local lagoons! Sorry but this was just taken care of the wrong way period. :soapbox:
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:59:08 AM by 2017 CVO STREET GLIDE »
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 03:54:47 AM »

Free- got 2 t shirts & a Dr. Pepper & a dealer coin for 2017 CVO Limited purchase.. 

Used to get a 2 t shirts, a gold key, & 15% off parts/accessories for 30 days after purchase.  I think the Dr. Pepper is what I got instead of the 15% off, not sure since never got a free Dr. Pepper before this purchase.

The gold keys were nice, HD was dumb  :rolleyes3:  to discontinue the keys. If they were smart  :idea2:  they would have just gold plated both keys for CVOs only.   Not much chance of that......:uhoh:  :drink:                                                                                                                                                           
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »

This sort of thing varies by many factors, such as current market conditions and inventory levels.  It also varies by the kind of dealer principle.  The long time dealers who remember the really lean years tend to treat good customers better than the ones who came along late in the game and jumped on the bandwagon to make fast bucks.  There have been many reports over the past couple years of people buying CVO's at thousands BELOW MSRP, as opposed to paying thousands over MSRP in the past.  It all depends on how well they are selling at the time and how much interest the dealer is paying to finance his inventory.

As for free T-shirts and other doo-dads, I never have cared about that stuff.  Giving me stuff of negligible value that I really don't want or need has never been my idea of being stroked, more like an insult actually.  Some dealers used to give 20% discounts on accessories or service, which is only valuable if you actually plan to buy accessories from them or have them service the bike.  Give me a fair price on a trade, a fair price on the new one, and don't lie to me or try to stuff unwanted add-ons up my posterior.  That's all I ask.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 09:27:53 AM »

The first CVO I purchased was at sticker but there was no set up fee and a minimal doc fee. They gave me two t-shirts and the 1,000 mile service free. The trade in value was very good. They also offered 20% off accessories for the first 60 days

A year later I attempted to purchase another CVO from the same dealer, same time of year and this time the trade in value was extremely low. I was not trading in the CVO that I owned but another bike. They were now charging a $650 set up fee and had raised the doc fee to $350! No free t-shirt, no free 1,000 mile service and no discount for accessories.
Same dealer ownership but they had changed from a family run place to a corporate type place with a finance manager, sales manager and lots of sales people. You no longer dealt with the owner.

My last CVO was a 16 that I purchased right after the 17's came out. $5,000 off sticker and more for my broken 08 that I was trading in than I thought it was worth! I was on the road 300 miles from home when this happened so I was in a bit of a bind. Leave old bike and rent car to go home or trade it in! I traded the 08 on the leftover 16 that they wanted to move. No extras other than a new helmet that my wife wanted. Basically I purchased this bike from a big box store, no personal service, no follow up and nothing extra.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 12:00:59 PM »

None, I see no reason I should expect anything extra. To me it's a toy. What's on the sticker is what I get.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »

The biggest incentive that helped me decide to purchase my 11.5 was when my wife said "I'd look good on the back of that one" - I purchased the bike and she was right  :2vrolijk_21:

I paid MSRP with no set up or document fees and I did get a very fair deal on the trade-in of my '06 Ultra (non CVO), a couple of T-shirts, 20% off accessories -which was good for one year - and the 1K service free of charge.  Often times if you're a regular customer and have a good relationship with the selling dealer they're more willing to negotiate - it also helps if your paying with cash, my money talks louder than I do....
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.