Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle Race Fueler  (Read 1728 times)

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTD-SE
Screaming Eagle Race Fueler
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:30:45 AM »

Is it okay to buy one of these  ( Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle EFI Race Fueler 32132-04 Softails ) used ? Reason I ask is I remember reading something about a S.E part of some kind that Harley had to stop selling because of the off road application or, EPA regs or, something of that nature here not too long ago and it read to make sure if you bought one that it was unused due to the ECM and the download in it or something I'm not real clear. Anyhow is the Race Fueler okay to buy used ?
I Never Grew Up,
Price Of My Toys Just Got bigger.

ultrarider123

Re: Screaming Eagle Race Fueler
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »

If it has been used, it's married to the one upon it was first used and can't be used on another...sorta like God intended marriage to be... :2vrolijk_21:
I'm sure there are ways to crack the code and clear it but rule of thumb is no to used.
  I stand corrected.
Depending on how much they want, spend the extra and get a TTS.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:49:12 PM by Haird »

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »

The Race Fueler doesn't marry itself to the bike.  I didn't know any of these still existed--they never were popular or useful.  I'd spend the money more efficiently on a real flash tuner like TTS or PowerVision.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

The Race Fueler is an add-on box similar to other such boxes common before the flash based tuning systems became available.  It isn't married to the ECM, it just plugs in between the ECM and the injectors and modifies the signal from the ECM to the injectors.  For instance, lets say the ECM is calling for the injector pulse to be XXX milliseconds.  Depending on how you set the potentiometers on the Fueler, that pulse will be modified to xxx plus or minus the setting in the Fueler.  Back in the day it was often good enough to make the bikes run better by eliminating the excessively lean stock settings, but they offered very limited adjustments.  A step up from those kinds of devices would be the old Power Commanders, which are also just add-on boxes but with a much more sophisticated system that allows for finer adjustment of fuel and ignition over 250 rpm steps.  The ultimate system is of course the modern flash tuning systems that modify the calibration in the ECM, with no add-on box.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTD-SE
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

Thanks for all the info ...Much appreciated.....
I Never Grew Up,
Price Of My Toys Just Got bigger.

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 22 queries.