Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines dressor duals and chrome hi output mufflers install  (Read 1158 times)

Scratch

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

I installed V&H dresser duals and hi output mufflers last Sunday along with a V&H Fuel Pak 3. I flashed the ECM with the corresponding map and took it our for an hour last night. These are deep and pretty loud! I love em. Stalled on me once when blipping the throttle. I'll run a tank of fuel through and then do an auto tune to dial it in perfect. One issue, the mufflers are not perfectly aligned out the back, I think the left one is a little closer to the bag than the right. Any one had this issue? Nothing obvious about adjusting the position, I'll have to figure out something but thought I'd check to see is someone had this problem and found a fix. I'm all about tapping someone else's knowledge!
2014 CVO Road King, V&H Dresser Duals, Hi Output Mufflers, V&H Fuel Pak 3, Wild1 Beach Bars

ultrarider123

Re: Vance & Hines dressor duals and chrome hi output mufflers install
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »

I installed V&H dresser duals and hi output mufflers last Sunday along with a V&H Fuel Pak 3. I flashed the ECM with the corresponding map and took it our for an hour last night. These are deep and pretty loud! I love em. Stalled on me once when blipping the throttle. I'll run a tank of fuel through and then do an auto tune to dial it in perfect. One issue, the mufflers are not perfectly aligned out the back, I think the left one is a little closer to the bag than the right. Any one had this issue? Nothing obvious about adjusting the position, I'll have to figure out something but thought I'd check to see is someone had this problem and found a fix. I'm all about tapping someone else's knowledge!

Yes.  On my '12 SERG, the left side muffler was off center of the saddlebag cut out.  When I removed them to take out the plug, I made sure to align them correctly.  It's not hard to do.  You can "roll" your muffler by loosening the clamp and rear mounts and rolling/rotating the muffler left or right and centering it to the bag.  You can keep everything loose and reinstall the saddlebag for small adjustments.  It takes a bit of practice but works.  Mine was not off by much so not that much adjustment required....just something to look into.

Scratch

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:12:35 AM »

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.
2014 CVO Road King, V&H Dresser Duals, Hi Output Mufflers, V&H Fuel Pak 3, Wild1 Beach Bars

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »

Chad is a little over an hour ride from you http://www.wideopencycles.net/
He's a pro at what he does... Definitely worth contacting
FWIW, You need a flash tuner PV or TTS to optimize your scoot.. Don't cut corners

Ride On  :2vrolijk_21:

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

csgohn

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 CVO RG-- 2004 RKC
    • AL

• CVO1: 2009 CVO SERG ELECTRIC ORANGE
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »

I had the fullsak 2 inch baffle in the cvo slip ons and a tts tuner on my 09 cvo rg and my bike sounded like a gold wing. I threw those slip ons in the garbage and got the ho v and h 4.5 inch and now that bike is a beast and it sounds like one also. I did a lil tweaking on the tts and now it is perfect.
2009 CVO ROAD GLIDE ELECTRIC ORANGE.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.