Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley Batwing vs Standard Windshield Stability Issues  (Read 5031 times)

Glenncarp

Re: Harley Batwing vs Standard Windshield Stability Issues
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »

no, not the batwing fairing, exclusively.  I think the problem lies more with the way that the steering head is mounted in the touring frame (ie. backwards).  there was a tsb put out by hd a few years back that changed the spec for the roadglides.  if I took my hands off my bars while decelerating, I would begin to get a wobble around 35 - 40 mph.  tightened up my steering bearings to 1 swing on the fallaway and have had no problems since.

+1. Had 11 SERGU and had BAD wobble when accelerating around 30 MPH. MOCO specs say swing back should be 1- 1/2 times but local HD tech says he adjusts it to 1 on RG. Worked for me, however after 20K miles, it loosened up again. The swing back is a maintenance item at 15K.

Swing back is they put bike on rack and turn bars to right or left all the way, when they let go, they count how far the front end swings back.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 06:54:22 AM »

Well, I bought the 98 Road King with 35k miles for 6k. Waiting for delivery. Then comes some customizing !

I was just about to comment on your original post in regards to a Street Glide with a windshield. Was going to recommend a Road King. Good looking ride!
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

journeyman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

If you feel you are getting into one of these death wobbles, I have found the fastest way to get of of it, is to shift body weight forward just a bit. 
It's as simple as moving your head a little closer to the handle bars.  It instantly stops.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.