Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uploading music  (Read 1338 times)

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Uploading music
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:31:43 PM »

Can you upload music into the info mation (boom) without having to keep the USB stick plugged into the port. This is a 15 street glide
Thanks for any help

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Uploading music
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »

I've uploaded a few ring tones but I don't think it has much memory for music. It's quite funny if I'm sitting at a red light and my phone starts ringing. I have the Looney Tunes theme as my ring tone. People around me get a good laugh about it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »

I've uploaded a few ring tones but I don't think it has much memory for music. It's quite funny if I'm sitting at a red light and my phone starts ringing. I have the Looney Tunes theme as my ring tone. People around me get a good laugh about it.

And I have "Rocket Queen" by Guns and Roses, alerts others around me that I am an '80 child. Lol. BTW, if you too were raised on MTV actually playing music videos, and I remember "video killed the radio star" playing over and over on the first days of MTV, then listen to "Rocket Queen", BEST GnR song that never got much play time. It still gives me goose bumps when I listen to it and rewind it three or four time!!!

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 04:53:30 AM »

And I have "Rocket Queen" by Guns and Roses, alerts others around me that I am an '80 child. Lol. BTW, if you too were raised on MTV actually playing music videos, and I remember "video killed the radio star" playing over and over on the first days of MTV, then listen to "Rocket Queen", BEST GnR song that never got much play time. It still gives me goose bumps when I listen to it and rewind it three or four time!!!

Just clicked on Rocket Queen on my iTunes library here at home. Great track

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »

Can you upload music into the info mation (boom) without having to keep the USB stick plugged into the port. This is a 15 street glide
Thanks for any help

You'll need to check the Boom Audio manual to be certain, but I rather doubt they installed enough memory for that purpose.

If you just don't like having a full size USB stick hanging out, take a look at the Cruzer Fit models from Sandisk.  They are about 3/4" in length (total), and barely stick out when inserted.  I have one I leave inserted in the TV in my bedroom.  They come in sizes up to 64 Gb.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-fit

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »

You'll need to check the Boom Audio manual to be certain, but I rather doubt they installed enough memory for that purpose.

If you just don't like having a full size USB stick hanging out, take a look at the Cruzer Fit models from Sandisk.  They are about 3/4" in length (total), and barely stick out when inserted.  I have one I leave inserted in the TV in my bedroom.  They come in sizes up to 64 Gb.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-fit

Jerry
Awesome find Jerry, scan disk web page says Amazon is our of stock, I went directly to Amazon and just bought a 64Gb for $18.00. Love the size of that.

Thanks!

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.