Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detachable tour pak  (Read 3514 times)

Mountaineer64

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Detachable tour pak
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »

I just installed the matching chopped tour pak to my 2017 CVO Street Glide, and it looks great.

I have the air wing luggage rack for the top of the pak and I am thinking about installing the light kit for the air wing rack and an accessory port inside the pak. Does anyone have experience with installing the light kit. HDs online instructions don't explain where to tie the wiring into the bike. The light kit has running and break lights so it has to be connect to the break light circuit somehow. I also want to be able to quickly disconnect to remove the tour pak so I don't want it wired permanently.

The parts guy at the dealership says it's all plug and play, but I don't see that in the instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Detachable tour pak
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:30:27 AM »

It is all plug and play, the wire harness disconnects from the bike for removal. There is a harness that is essentially a y connector that plugs into the harness Unser your seat and then the light and all plugs into it. I didn't run aux power to chopped tour pak. 
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Stage IV
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

Also does anyone know why they say you can't use the detachable mounting kit with the king tour Pak if you wanna put the tour Pak speakers?
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »

I'm trying to decide between the king and chopped, I like the look of the chopped, but I plan on some week long trips, so I feel I need the space of the King.  Any input on why you chose the chopped? I'll be solo, so only luggage for one, but I have to drag my work laptop with me which basically will take up the space difference between the chopped and the King.

I could do chopped and a luggage rack and a bag on that I guess, but I feel the luggage rack takes away some of the sportiness on a street glide.

Also, that looks killer with the spoiler, I'm definitely getting the spoiler on whatever I decide.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »

I'm trying to decide between the king and chopped, I like the look of the chopped, but I plan on some week long trips, so I feel I need the space of the King.  Any input on why you chose the chopped? I'll be solo, so only luggage for one, but I have to drag my work laptop with me which basically will take up the space difference between the chopped and the King.

I could do chopped and a luggage rack and a bag on that I guess, but I feel the luggage rack takes away some of the sportiness on a street glide.

Also, that looks killer with the spoiler, I'm definitely getting the spoiler on whatever I decide.

I went with the chopped tour pak because I think its sportier looking and also have the black stealth luggage rack on it, it wont hold a very big bag, but it looks good
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

IRNEngineer

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHT Black Denim
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 03:39:31 PM »

2017 CVO Street Glide - I have the '16 CVO Street Glide with detachable King Tour pak and speakers.  I understand the reason they usually give for not having the King Pak with speakers detachable is that the amp mounts under the Tour Pak.  This creates a wiring problem.  We mounted the amp in the saddlebag to allow the pak with speakers to be detachable.  I may be wrong, but that is my understanding. So we have the amp for the lid speakers in one saddlebag and the amp for the tour pak in the other. 
'16 SG CVO Carbon Crystal
12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks - Black
Vance & Hines Power Duals with 4" Rinehart
Klock Werks 5" Windshield
Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Detachable Colormatch Tourpak & RG Limited CVO Seat

DarkKNight

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »

2017 CVO Street Glide - I have the '16 CVO Street Glide with detachable King Tour pak and speakers.  I understand the reason they usually give for not having the King Pak with speakers detachable is that the amp mounts under the Tour Pak.  This creates a wiring problem.  We mounted the amp in the saddlebag to allow the pak with speakers to be detachable.  I may be wrong, but that is my understanding. So we have the amp for the lid speakers in one saddlebag and the amp for the tour pak in the other.
i did the chopped.  Loved the way it came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 08:11:37 AM »

I did something different.  I put a 2015 king pack on my 2012.  I have the power port and all the lights.  My painter installed all the lights and did the electrical.  Only issue is the running light on the spoiler will not work, only the brake light!!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »

I faced the same question when I did my TP for my Roadglide but in the end I just loved the look of the chopped with the spoiler and didnt care for the look of the king so chopped it was. Though I definitely need to be smart when I pack, 50,000 miles later I have always found a way with the chopped. I set it up as a detachable but like the way it looks so much I have never detached it..
Alan

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.