Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Boy things have really changed  (Read 3081 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Boy things have really changed
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »

Over 40 years ago I flew Colors for about 5 years.........the term "Biker Gang" has really changed since then. I guess they were all in the same Twitter Group.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-attacked-by-biker-gang-on-sf-highway-idd-as-an-uber-driver/ar-AAo4x79?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Boy things have really changed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 10:58:22 AM »

Only the wimps of the world could describe those guys as a biker gang...but what do you expect from the snowflakes-in-chief?   :nixweiss:

I wonder what happened before the dirt gang went after the guy--I remember other incidents where the car/SUV had tried to run over the bikes, but that wasn't shown on many of the news videos that were posted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:00:50 AM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »

That was some real craziness 2k. Makes me wonder what I'd do in a case like that if alone - sure can't fight them all and it's unlikely anyone would have enough rounds for the entire group...

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »

It does make you think about what you would do.  Easy to let your temper (especially me) take over for common sense. If people had stopped and helped him that would have been great as well. You probably only need a few rounds since most of these guys are pu.....es that is why they have to "gang up".

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »

I would have fired a warning shot into the guys leg that first hit my car. I think that would have ended it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »

I would have fired a warning shot into the guys leg that first hit my car. I think that would have ended it.
:2vrolijk_21:
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Coake

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »

Here in Carebear Canada, the video won't play, the link is dead with the caption, We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your area. lol
You guys in the US can carry guns? The article hints that it's a common occurrence in that area, is that true? One of our road trips was to bike down through SF while on our coastal trip stateside.
In any case, hope the guy is alright. We went thru a stage a few years back with massive groups of teens would gang up on 1 person in a mall. was ridiculous,

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »

Sadly that likely would have landed you in jail facing charges. Here in california they want people to retreat, not defend themselves. Sad truth

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

As far as I know defending yourself with a weapon is bad ju-ju unless you're in your residence, but it depends on the state. In a case like that you may be morally but not legally correct and most likely would face charges. Speaking for myself, I'd have to be convinced that if I didn't defend myself, friends or family I'd be dead, because the implications are are poor indeed.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 06:42:02 PM »

As far as I know defending yourself with a weapon is bad ju-ju unless you're in your residence, but it depends on the state. In a case like that you may be morally but not legally correct and most likely would face charges. Speaking for myself, I'd have to be convinced that if I didn't defend myself, friends or family I'd be dead, because the implications are are poor indeed.
:-\
Man,  if indeed you were "packing" and this scenario developed, you would seem to have pretty much only two choices.  One would be to get beat up.........in the long run........by multiple crotch rocket riders.........or put a bullet in the first one that was attacking you.

Seems to me like getting down to the ..............."rather be judged by 12,  than carried by 6".    :nixweiss:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »

I agree moscooter - in a case like that I wouldn't fight, I'd shoot!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 02:30:14 AM »

You guys in the US can carry guns? The article hints that it's a common occurrence in that area, is that true? One of our road trips was to bike down through SF while on our coastal trip stateside.
The carry laws are different in each state; some states, like California, make it very hard to get a permit to carry (concealed).  Other states are required to issue a concealed carry permit if you meet the requirements.

Here's a couple of threads on CC:  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=16970.0 and https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=110731.0
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:15:51 AM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 11:24:25 PM »

Same for me, if that didn't stop things the next shots would be center mass on a couple of them.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »

That's why I carry...
Bill

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »

Never shoot a warning shot, that is a really bad idea for so many reasons.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »

:confused5:
As I am awaiting my concealed carry permit (90 day process),  I have been investigating most anything having to do with concealed carry..........  One of the first things that seems logical and almost (mandatory) to me is to join the CCA or something similar.

As I understand it,  it's like an insurance option.  If you happen to get into a scenario where you need to pull out your concealed gun,  (even if you don't use it or even point it at someone)............Stories I have read suggest your azz is going to jail until you make bail,  etc.   This organization when called,  will back you up and supply you with legal help and monetary reimbursement of associated expenses.  Anyone know more about that :nixweiss:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:31 PM »

The gold standard of supporting gun rights in the U.S. is the NRA and they can help with keeping up with current gun laws and concealed carry provisions. They have also helped out on court cases to defend the right to carry.
You are doing it right by studying in advance the legalities and potential problems of concealed carry. Too many people get caught up in the mechanics of just getting the gun that they really get no training on shoot/don't shoot scenarios. All you can do is make an educated good faith effort to protect yourself or others and then face whatever comes next. You can't stop the authorities from charging you or prevent a civil suit etc. Just get ready for the possibilities.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »

:-\
Hey............VAeagle,  I somewhat agree with your response.  However,  I have been a member of the NRA likely before you were born.  Not always happy with the stance that the NRA has taken on some gun issues,  but most of the time since the early 70's,  I have been a member.

While I get their magazine and (constant) mailing for (more money than my annual dues)......... >:(

I'm not familiar with the NRA having any direct impact upon a particular situation with a member as to defending them when neccessary.

On the other hand,  as I said before...........anyone that carries a firearm legally,  needs to have some backup support just in case.  I have not yet joined this organization nor paid them any dues, etc.  but I plan to do so when my cc permit finally goes through.

Check it out,  I do NOT believe the NRA gives you this kind of protection/backup :drink:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/ 

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 01:27:56 AM »

moscooter I understand what you are saying and your usconcealedcarry.com may give you piece of mind. Like all things it's like insurance and we all hope to not need it but when we do ,it's nice to have.
Here is a link to the type of cases the NRA does directly offer help with :
https://www.nradefensefund.org/eligible-cases.aspx#

And what you are looking for may be more for the NRA-ILA and here is a link on their page on how to use then for legal support:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20111212/legal-support

As a comparison you may want to look at an umbrella insurance policy to cover your whole family, it my be cheaper then yearly dues but they may have small print that they won't cover you if charged in a shooting.(need to check with your insurance co.) but it may protect you in all cases such as car accidents and home accidents as well.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.