Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: HD Pro Street Tuner  (Read 3319 times)

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers
HD Pro Street Tuner
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »

Some unfortunate news today from my KY Dealer about the Pro Street Tuners are in back order for 4-5 weeks..
I purchased a 2017 CVO SG over the weekend and was having them install the Stage IV 117 and full SE Street Cannon exhaust and header. So they cannot complete the install now without the tuner. The color match King TP is going to take 4-6 weeks.
I have been reading a lot on the forum about warranty and installing these kits. I was very specific with the dealer that I didn't want to void any part of the warranty. They assured me any and all the $12k parts would not.. as long as they install them for $6k Plus it extends the parts for 2 years. Not that I would know how anyway..  Though I have learned so much on this site from the users over the past few days. Just not comfortable wrenching apart that much money..
Safe Riding All,
Patrick
2017 CVO Street Glide SE Starfire Black/Atomic Red with Screaming Eagle Stage II Exhaust, 117 Stage IV Motor, King TP Color Matched, Heated Grips. etc...
Prev: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
Re: HD Pro Street Tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »

That my friend is stupid money in my mind.  That's the price of another bike which would most likely run away and hide from the Street Glide.  But hey, its your $$$ enjoy it how you will.  No business of mine.  I just wonder outloud how badly the collective we are getting ripped off in view of "keeping the warranty"? Guess I am just a bit jaded after having conversation with my local dealer and getting the same song and dance about having to use just HD parts with HD labor to keep a bloody 2 year warranty.  Sorry for the rant. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I will go away now. 

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO2: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »

That my friend is stupid money in my mind.  That's the price of another bike which would most likely run away and hide from the Street Glide.  But hey, its your $$$ enjoy it how you will.  No business of mine.  I just wonder outloud how badly the collective we are getting ripped off in view of "keeping the warranty"? Guess I am just a bit jaded after having conversation with my local dealer and getting the same song and dance about having to use just HD parts with HD labor to keep a bloody 2 year warranty.  Sorry for the rant. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I will go away now.
No Worries! I agree it is a lot of money, but I am surely not qualified to install these items and especially rebuild an engine.. I am an IT Engineer for past 24yrs. Just not in my skill set. Over the years I do a lot of bartering for almost anything, most people and companies need some sort of computer help. So we trade off for whatever. My first bike 2009 Honda VTX 1800 was a complete trade. Then traded that in on my first Harley last year 2016 Street Glide Special.. just loved the bike, but after a test drive of the new M8 I was hooked. Had to have one, so started a build of a new 17 SGS adding a lot of parts the way I like it, the cost was more than a CVO. So the salesman said to test the CVO instead. I did the test.. and here's where I am.. I purchased the CVO and added new stuff anyway. Bummer is I have no bike right now and new one won't be ready till sometime in April.. sorry now I was ranting on..
Safe Riding
Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 CVO Street Glide SE Starfire Black/Atomic Red with Screaming Eagle Stage II Exhaust, 117 Stage IV Motor, King TP Color Matched, Heated Grips. etc...
Prev: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »

I sincerely hope your bike is everything you want it to be and you ride the hell out of it.  Truth be told I most likely will swallow the kool aid modify my 17 CVO SG...but will complain about it as I do!  Funny how a hunk of iron can make normal sane people do things that are non logical.  Enjoy your ride and be sure to post your opinions on how it turned out.  Be careful out there.

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »

I sincerely hope your bike is everything you want it to be and you ride the hell out of it.  Truth be told I most likely will swallow the kool aid modify my 17 CVO SG...but will complain about it as I do!  Funny how a hunk of iron can make normal sane people do things that are non logical.  Enjoy your ride and be sure to post your opinions on how it turned out.  Be careful out there.
LMAO!! Come to think about they were serving cups of Orange Koop-Aid last Sunday! Thanks You for your thoughts and comments. And you do the same and Stay Safe!
Patrick

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 04:40:02 PM »

Spending $18k to avoid voiding a factory warranty has to be some sort of record, at least to my knowledge.  I wasn't aware the Harley kit was priced at $12k btw, more like $2595 MSRP per the Harley P&A website.  The exhaust is $1299 chrome, $1399 black.  What makes up the rest of that $12k for parts?  As for labor, assuming a $100 per hour labor rate, $6k equals 60 hours labor.  A competent person could build an entire bike in 60 hours.  So I'm not exactly following what this dealer is doing for the $18K. :nixweiss:

You could have a good independent engine builder put together a much better package for one heck of a lot less money, and put the rest of the money in an account to be used for any powertrain repairs Harley refuses to cover.  You really don't have to let Harley and it's dealers stick it where the sun don't shine if you don't want to.

JMHO - Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

Patrick, are you at thoroughbred harley? That's some crazy prices. Did you shop MOW and wildcat?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »

Spending $18k to avoid voiding a factory warranty has to be some sort of record, at least to my knowledge.  I wasn't aware the Harley kit was priced at $12k btw, more like $2595 MSRP per the Harley P&A website.  The exhaust is $1299 chrome, $1399 black.  What makes up the rest of that $12k for parts?  As for labor, assuming a $100 per hour labor rate, $6k equals 60 hours labor.  A competent person could build an entire bike in 60 hours.  So I'm not exactly following what this dealer is doing for the $18K. :nixweiss:

You could have a good independent engine builder put together a much better package for one heck of a lot less money, and put the rest of the money in an account to be used for any powertrain repairs Harley refuses to cover.  You really don't have to let Harley and it's dealers stick it where the sun don't shine if you don't want to.

JMHO - Jerry
Sorry if I mislead what the totals were for. I spent 12k in parts for more than just
Motor and exhaust.. I replaced quit a bit. Heated Grips, Polished rotors, chrome fork sliders, Garage door opener, complete chrome levers and clutch and brake res. Chrome Brembo calipers, complete chrome bolt kits for whole engine, Color Matched King TP, Saddle Bag Led lights, complete Spectra Glo lighting system for Stage II speakers and bike.. I did get the Stage IV 117 Kit and Full exhaust, that is what I can remember..
and the Labor was for everything installed.
I know they charge 23hrs for Stage IV and  for Tuning. I think 2-3 hours for Exhaust. 
I wish I knew how to install all of this. But I am limited in this area..
I realize this is expensive, but I don't hassle them to much, as I have clients try this with me from time to time because of my rate of $125hr for IT engineering services..  I did call a couple other dealers and they were about the same. Avg is $85-$100hr.
Hope that explains a little clearer on the purchase. I am learning the HD processes and to go to non dealers to work on your bike.

All the best,
Patrick

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »

Patrick, are you at thoroughbred harley? That's some crazy prices. Did you shop MOW and wildcat?

Hello,
Yes, did get this at Thoroughbred. I called MOW they were close in pricing for engine and exhaust.  I posted a moment ago to explain. Sorry if I was confusing..

Do you live close to Norther KY?

All the best,
Patrick

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 08:22:31 PM »

I'm in NKY a bunch, but live in Georgetown.

Appearance:

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 08:26:27 PM »

I'm in NKY a bunch, but live in Georgetown.

Nice.. I live in Union, my daughter goes to UK  so we pass Georgetown a lot
What CVO do you have? ..  maybe ride sometime..?

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »

Nice.. I live in Union, my daughter goes to UK  so we pass Georgetown a lot
What CVO do you have? ..  maybe ride sometime..?

Got the 2017 Street Glide CVO, orange and black. We ride all over,even that easy for Quaker Steak

Appearance:

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »

60 Hours? 12K in parts? I really think maybe some rounding to higher for effect here? Justify because of warranty?
Why didn't you go across the river to Rebecca? At least those 12K parts would have only cost you $9600.

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 08:36:23 PM »

Got the 2017 Street Glide CVO, orange and black. We ride all over,even that easy for Quaker Steak

Nice! Did you do anything to your bike?
Maybe we can meet up when bike night starts?

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 08:46:27 PM »

60 Hours? 12K in parts? I really think maybe some rounding to higher for effect here? Justify because of warranty?
Why didn't you go across the river to Rebecca? At least those 12K parts would have only cost you $9600.
?? 58.75 in Labor was quoted by service and $11,745 in parts. Three pages of parts is what they printed. Where in OH?
I have always been treated very nice in Florence.. Do you live close to N Ky?
All the best,
Patrick

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.