Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steve McQueen's GT found  (Read 1090 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Steve McQueen's GT found
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

Not sure if I buy this, but one heck of a nice car, and a great video to share...

Steve McQueen’s Iconic “Bullitt” Mustang Found in Scrap Yard
BRAD HUNTER, POSTMEDIA NETWORK MARCH 08 2017
<<<<< Ford Mustang GT 390 car's used for Steve McQueen's film Bullitt.

The iconic Mustang GT Steve McQueen drove in the classic 1968 action movie Bullitt has been discovered – in a scrapyard.
For nearly 50 years, the whereabouts of the car – used in one of filmdom’s greatest chase scenes – has been unknown.
The Mustang disappeared just after filming wrapped. McQueen – who died of lung cancer in 1980 – spent years trying to find it.
Now, the famed muscle car has been found in a Baja, California scrapyard and restored by body shop owner Ralph Garcia, Jr.
Garcia told the Los Angeles Times he had no idea the car he would be working on was McQueen’s famed car.
Then an associate in Mexico told him he checked the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) and discovered it was a real prize.
“My partner Googled the VIN and that’s how he found out it was the Bullitt car,” Garcia told the Times. “He said, ‘You can’t touch it!’”
Top car historian Ken Gross told the newspaper the Mustang could be worth $1 million at auction.
“This is certainly on the list of top 10 list of most desirable missing cars,” Gross said.

And now a special treat . . . To view that San Francisco chase scene (parts 1, 2 and 3) that we have all seen many times and never get tired of seeing again, click on the following link. (As always, full screen and elevated volume will enhance your enjoyment.)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:41:21 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Steve McQueen's GT found
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »

love the bullit. glad it was found!

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »

Great movie and a car that desires to be restored
Most great stores start with a bad decision

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 10:32:53 AM »

Great find!  Recorded Bullit a couple of weeks back, watch it occasionally mostly to watch the Mustang & Charger being put through their paces. When we went to San Francisco, those streets were on our list of things to see/do.  Fun.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »

Got to talking about the car and the movie today at work and another movie was brought up that I had forgotten about. Does anyone remember Vanishing Point with the Challenger?
Most great stores start with a bad decision

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:16:51 PM »

Got to talking about the car and the movie today at work and another movie was brought up that I had forgotten about. Does anyone remember Vanishing Point with the Challenger?
yes!! gosh,that was a long time ago. :-\

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.