Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Oil Pressure  (Read 19929 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Oil Pressure
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2017, 08:44:34 AM »

You've got a stupid or intentionally evasive dealer.  Any dipstick (pardon the pun) should know that a slightly low oil volume isn't a cause for low oil pressure.  They're trying to pacify you in to disregarding something that is too likely to be significant to repair.

Yup, just another variation on the all-to-typical Harley shop reaction to anything that might require some knowledge and effort to fix.  You can find similar people in many other shops no doubt, but out of all the service facilities I've had dealings with over the past forty-five years, Harley stands out as the franchise with the lowest standards when it comes to service employees. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »

They came out today to pick up the bike. Should have an answer soon.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2017, 09:07:57 AM »

They came out today to pick up the bike. Should have an answer soon.
Heard anything from the dealer about this problem?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »

The dealer called today and Harley is sending them a new oil pump to install. Should be back on the road soon.

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »

Now oil pumps are on back order till the 19th. This sucks

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »

Now oil pumps are on back order till the 19th. This sucks

Well, think of it this way.  You could be puking head gaskets, as many of us experienced when the MOCO introduced the 110 motor...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »

Ran out of new pumps but Harley tells us there is no problem....
Bill

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2017, 09:11:42 PM »

After several calls to find out what was going on with bike and getting the run around they call today and said the oil pump replaced and they would deliver my bike today. When they delivered the bike they had no paper work so right now I'm not clear on what they really did. Rode the bike about 20 miles and the water temp light and the engine light came on. Also the motor seems to be making a whining noise. I was not stopped in traffic and the air temp was only 70. Back to the dealer it goes.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »

Virginia have the three strike lemon law. Not sure about your state but I would check into it. Took my bike two visits to get the oil pump issue fixed. I called Harley and got a case number after the second visit and told them they only get one more try. Bike was fixed after second visit 5000 miles and no problems.
Bill

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »

After several calls to find out what was going on with bike and getting the run around they call today and said the oil pump replaced and they would deliver my bike today. When they delivered the bike they had no paper work so right now I'm not clear on what they really did. Rode the bike about 20 miles and the water temp light and the engine light came on. Also the motor seems to be making a whining noise. I was not stopped in traffic and the air temp was only 70. Back to the dealer it goes.

I can tell you they did not prime the coolant system properly.... Amazing how many dealership tech's cant get this right after introducing the twin cooled three years ago..   Same Same thing happened to my bike as you have experienced.  I actually showed the tech how to prime it.
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

J.D.

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »

Sheesh what has happened to Harley???  Amateur hour.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »

Sheesh what has happened to Harley???  Amateur hour.

It's nothing new, they've been an amateur hour kind of business for a long time.  When they introduced the new engine last year and actually addressed some of the long standing complaints from owners, some thought management had finally gotten the message.  These most recent events just show that you don't fix an ingrained corporate culture problem overnight or by just flipping a switch.  They still don't give customers honest answers when they register complaints and they still try to blow off people versus just fix the problems.  And one of the biggest issues they haven't even begun to address is the abysmal dealership service. 

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2017, 10:04:10 AM »

Thanks Joe,  I think I'll ride it up to the dealer and have them fix it.

RRICE731

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »

Pulled the cover off and the reserve bottle is empty.  Also others are right most of the dealers don't give a crap about customer service.  I called the dealership owner last week and after everyone else at the dealer called me back he finally returned my call.  Of course he claim he has no knowledge of whats going on with my bike but would find out and would return my call when they opened the next day.  Day 3 no call from the owner. Don't think Ill ever here from him

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »

Pulled the cover off and the reserve bottle is empty.  Also others are right most of the dealers don't give a crap about customer service.  I called the dealership owner last week and after everyone else at the dealer called me back he finally returned my call.  Of course he claim he has no knowledge of whats going on with my bike but would find out and would return my call when they opened the next day.  Day 3 no call from the owner. Don't think Ill ever here from him

There is a way to help eliminate the incompetent and don't give a chit dealers, but unfortunately not enough people will do it.  It's called never doing business with that dealership again, even to the point of never buying a part or even a T-shirt from them.  The only thing people like this understand is the almighty dollar, and as long as customers keep handing them those dollars they have no incentive to improve. 

Jerry

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.