Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FP3 and M8 Speed limiter  (Read 6965 times)

Archerwc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide
FP3 and M8 Speed limiter
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »

Does anyone know if the stock speed limiter on the M8 can be removed with FP3 controller?

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: FP3 and M8 Speed limiter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »

Try asking Vance & Hines for a definitive answer. Sure they have a toll free number as well.

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »

Does anyone know if the stock speed limiter on the M8 can be removed with FP3 controller?
No it can't, and there is also torque management in the stock calibrations, that can be toggled on and off with a more powerful tuning device.

An FP3 comes up pretty short when compared to others on the market.

Daren

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »

A FP3 is not even close to being a full-featured tuning device.  If you want to alter settings other than the basic fuel settings, look at the TTS Master Tune or possibly the Power Vision.  When in doubt, it's probably best to check these sorts of things out prior to buying the product.  The FP3 isn't like the earlier Fuel Pak's that you could remove and sell to someone else, so money spent on an FP3 is just lost when you find out it doesn't do what you need it to do.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

Not a popular opinion, that I know. But I have had Power Commander's, SE Race Tuners and TTS. All tuned by reputable guys with good results.
I now have a FP3 on my 15 and I am very satisfied. My 09 had TTS, first used tune sent to me by Steve @ Fulsac and then later a "professional" tune. Both were equally good. Bike ran exceptional. I had no complaints at all and would have encouraged anyone to go that route, at that time. BUT

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »

I have the fp3 on my road glide. . My bike rides as good or better than any bike I've had or ridden, and I've  had 3 bikes with the TTS and one with a power commander.  I see lots of options and settings.  I'd go that route again anytime. . Stuart.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »

I have the fp3 on my road glide. . My bike rides as good or better than any bike I've had or ridden, and I've  had 3 bikes with the TTS and one with a power commander.  I see lots of options and settings.  I'd go that route again anytime. . Stuart.

Hey Stu, how about enlightening the OP and me.  Searching through the information available online at V&H I don't see any detailed instructions showing all those options and settings.  What exactly do you see that can be modified?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:48 AM »

Hey Stu, how about enlightening the OP and me.  Searching through the information available online at V&H I don't see any detailed instructions showing all those options and settings.  What exactly do you see that can be modified?

Jerry

The best way to get an idea of the settings you can change with the Fuelpak FP3 is to download the App and run it in demo mode.   

You can change things like: Throttle Progressivity, Frt and Rear Cyl VE, Frt and Rear Charge Dilution effect, Decel Pop, AFR, Accel Enrichment, Decel Enleanment, Closed Loop Activation Points, Spark Advance, Knock retard, Performance enrichment tables, Idle speeds, Speedo Calibrations & MUCH MORE. 

Don't ask me what all that stuff is because  - I Don't know!

It sounds like the TTS is great and has more functions if you are a computer savvy tuner and want to be able to tweak whatever you might want, but the FP3 seems to have all the stuff that 'most folks' would need to mess with?   With a little shopping around I found it for $309.00  which is < a TTS?

:nixweiss:

I know the FP3 worked great for my friends 2014 CVO Road King that lean popped, ran hot and backfired all the time to the point it was yellowing his pipes!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »

Hey Jerry.  There's a dial in settings that gives you all kinds of options.  Like phreaky mentioned. . I don't play around with it a lot. I did an auto tune and got rid of the decel pop. Just about everything else seemed good to me.  There are settings for the idle., throttle response and a bunch more. . I'm not sorry at all I went this route. . And no dyno tune. . If I make a change on something, I can most likely modify the map that's in there. .That saves me 500.00. And my tuner is good,, but that takes a week to get my bike back. . He won't tune if it's raining outside or gets too hot. . I'm sticking with the mp3.  Stuart.

Archerwc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

Hey cheers for the responses, V&H have come back to me and no the FP3 cant remove the speed limiter.
Pity, up until this I was very satisfied with the product, it does what it advertises and does a good job at it.

Ah well into the bin with it, sounds like it will be TTS with the Stage 4 kit when it arrives in a couple weeks

Cheers

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.