Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dynojet Powervision Tuner question  (Read 1492 times)

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTD-SE
Dynojet Powervision Tuner question
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »

I kinda jumped on a deal for an advertised as new Powervision Tuner in the box for 100 bucks. Don't know much about the thing but I saw the manufacturer ad that stated No returns once opened. Do these things merry to the bike ?
I Never Grew Up,
Price Of My Toys Just Got bigger.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dynojet Powervision Tuner question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »

I kinda jumped on a deal for an advertised as new Powervision Tuner in the box for 100 bucks. Don't know much about the thing but I saw the manufacturer ad that stated No returns once opened. Do these things merry to the bike ?

Yes they do marry to the ECM, like all the other flash tuners on the market.  I guess you'll find out the first time you connect it to your bike if it was used before or not.  If it was, and if you can't get your money back from the seller, you can buy a license from the PV folks to allow you to marry the unit to another ECM.  I believe the license to unlock the PV is $199.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »

yes, the license fee is $199 per.  and you can add several to each pv unit.  if the seller advertised it 'like new', you should be able to get a refund, but a new one will run you $399 from fuelmoto right now (on sale, reg $549).  and fm will double the manufacturer warranty from 1 year to 2, and give you free lifetime map support.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Redd70

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTD-SE
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did some more digging and found out what I bought was a PV-2 which I don't know for sure it will even work on my 03 Deuce CVO. But I did contact the guy and he refunded my money pretty quickly. It was advertised on E-bay for 429 or best Offer and I offered the guy 100 dollars and he accepted it so I'm guessing here but I'll just bet it was hooked to another bike and he knew that which is why he took my offer knowing it would eventually cost me the license price later on and I'd still have over 300 bucks invested. But like mentioned above I could get a brand new one for that price, avoid the hassle, and not want to go to Cali and kill the guy for jerking me round...lol     
I Never Grew Up,
Price Of My Toys Just Got bigger.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.