Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let the Modding Begin  (Read 1355 times)

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
Let the Modding Begin
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »

Hey guys, yes I'm a CVO noob but I wanted to share my mods I made today.

A little back story, just picked this bike up a couple weeks ago (2007 FXSTSSE), 16k miles on her, looks well taken care of but was also told that it had cams installed along with head work, porting, milling yada yada yada. The only problem with this is that the seller couldn't produce any details or documentation and said it was done by the previous owner and since I'm not familiar with the SE110 motors I really couldn't tell if I was just hearing the factory 255 cam or if this thing really has had new cams put in it. Who knows, right... well I got it at such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, and not knowing for sure whats been done, if anything and when... I knew I was going to be replacing the lifters in it ASAP, so here I am!

The first day I got it home I pulled the pushrod tubes to see if it had adjustables in it which would be a good sign of cam work but it did not. Doesn't mean it doesn't have cams in it, just makes me a little skeptical but whatever, not a huge deal.

This is what I got in today -

Started working on it about 1pm today, pulled the plugs and battery then went to town

The adjusting begins

2.5 hours later... its back together

Its Soooo Quite now!!!! Its not like it was loud before, I would just say it had normal valve train noise but its Toyota Prius quiet now in the valve train area anyway.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:30:41 AM by Rab986 »

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

Re: Let the Modding Begin
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »

First startup -

Second Startup, engine warmed up now- (upgraded cams? or no?)

Close-Up video of valvetrain side. -

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:13:45 PM by Rab986 »

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »

Nice start and one that will save a lot of other parts.

Now what's next? You know once you start there is no stopping point
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »

Nice start and one that will save a lot of other parts.

Now what's next? You know once you start there is no stopping point

1. Next is to find a tuning module for this thing. I'm looking for one with analog input so that I can plug my wideband into it and tune it out myself (lots of engine management experience tuning LTx/LSx, Ford and Dmax for years.) I hear TTS has what I need but need to verify they make one for my bike.
2. Open up cam chest, verify cams make/model and replace if needed along with bearings - this will probably be a winter project unless the issue is forced earlier :'(
3. Oh yeah, and compensator. Mine is perfect right now but I'm researching them now so I can throw one on the shelf.
4. Better Exhaust
5.TBD

-Steve
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:32:11 AM by Rab986 »

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »

TTS Green for analog and if your living in BA let me know when you get to the cam bearings and I'll loan you the cam tools

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »

TTS Green is what I have been eyeballing for a week now but J&P and other vendors do not list my bike as supported by TTS and I have no idea why. I even contacted them via email and 2 different vendors are saying that my bike is not supported.

J&P just said that TTS does not support my Model and this is what I got from Powersports Super Store -

I do apologize for the inconvenience however we do not carry any tuners for
that year, make and model.

Cody
Customer Service
Powersport Superstore Inc.
1320 Arrow Point Dr. Suite 105
Cedar Park TX, 78613
512-535-5010

I emailed TTS last night but have yet to get a response. I cant imagine what the difference would be unless for some odd reason my softail uses a different ECU than other softails but I find that hard to believe unless the build data in the ECU is structured differently but I cant imagine why that would be. Haven't had a chance to dig into it enough to find out but I'm hoping TTS comes through and gives me the good news to back up what you are saying.

Hey, I didn't realize you were a fellow Okie and I do live in BA so I may just take you up on that offer.  :)

Thank You
-Steve

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »

Yep another Okie here!

There is a TTS section here in the forum that is managed by  Steve Cole, designer of TTS. Leave a message there. It may take a day or 2 for him to reply but he will answer your questions about the tuner.

Just send me a PM when you need cam tools and I can run them by

David

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.