Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: St. Patrick's Day Santa Maria GTG  (Read 5122 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: St. Patrick's Day Santa Maria GTG
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »

JC,

Did you do a Google search? You were about 2.5 miles from the Harley Dealer. I'm wondering if your rear end might have picked up a rock, or mud clod during your ride on the Goat Trail. Since you're still under warranty they might save you a trip to Jims. I once had a rock get wedged between the pulley and the belt and punch a hole through the belt.

Mark

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:16 PM »

As I mentioned when I replied to your facebook post.....I know where the Harley dealership is at.  I've been riding many, many years and I've learned that when you take it to a dealership it's always a toss up if it's going to be done right and usually ends up costing way more $$ than what's expected. 

I've been taking my bike to Jim for many, many years and when I take it to Jim it gets done right the first time, I'm not upsold into a bunch of crap I don't need or having to rely on somebody's "guess" because they don't have enough experience to "know" and yes, it's under warranty and so Jim will fix it under the warranty. 

So the moral of this story.....there are several dealerships that are closer but it's always a roll of the dice and will always cost more than expected.....or take it to Jim and be confident it'll get done right and it's covered by the warranty.  A no brainer to me.   :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 12:28:06 AM »

JC,

Did you do a Google search? You were about 2.5 miles from the Harley Dealer. I'm wondering if your rear end might have picked up a rock, or mud clod during your ride on the Goat Trail. Since you're still under warranty they might save you a trip to Jims. I once had a rock get wedged between the pulley and the belt and punch a hole through the belt.

Mark
I can tell you following him, I don't think it was a rock or mud. Rear end was shaking around as if the tire was completely flat which obviously it wasn't. Also he had lost his rear brake which could end up being major (or not..). We did know the Harley dealer was only a couple of miles away but not sure that bike would have made it a couple if hundred feet when we got to the Indian store.
Alan

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 07:35:44 AM »

Looks like a great ride..
Bill

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

As I mentioned when I replied to your facebook post.....I know where the Harley dealership is at.  I've been riding many, many years and I've learned that when you take it to a dealership it's always a toss up if it's going to be done right and usually ends up costing way more $$ than what's expected. 

I've been taking my bike to Jim for many, many years and when I take it to Jim it gets done right the first time, I'm not upsold into a bunch of crap I don't need or having to rely on somebody's "guess" because they don't have enough experience to "know" and yes, it's under warranty and so Jim will fix it under the warranty. 

So the moral of this story.....there are several dealerships that are closer but it's always a roll of the dice and will always cost more than expected.....or take it to Jim and be confident it'll get done right and it's covered by the warranty.  A no brainer to me.   :nixweiss:
When are you picking up bike and running it up there?
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

Still working on that Alan.  Have to call Leo at Indian today.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »

Dang JC, another exciting adventure! :o ;D So sorry to hear about your bike. I guess your hitch must void warranty, I didn't know that. Always enjoy your ride reports and pictures! Love ya friend and hope you get your bike back soon! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Harleyridernwv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »

Great pics JC. I am so envious of the great territory you guys have to ride in Cali.
BJ

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »

Thanks for the great photos!  Been a while since I was stationed in CA. Lots of good memories riding through the coastal areas and the hills!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 23 queries.