Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HCC SILVER PPG CODE  (Read 2023 times)

TZG15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

HCC SILVER PPG CODE
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »

So I'm looking at alternatives to buying a tour pak from HD that I will only use 2 times a year. However, the BIG issue is my ride is a 2015 FLHXSE HCC Mercury. So I called my local PPG store just to ask. The owner says we have some CVO colors they trickle in now and then. So anyway he reads off HHC Silver. So now I'm wondering what if there is a difference between HHC Mercury and HCC Silver? Anyway the PPG code is 944062-base silver and 944062-2 silver flake.
 Did I strike gold or should I say SILVER?????

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: HCC SILVER PPG CODE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »

The paint code is not out from HD for the Hard Candy Mercury.  I believe what they are seeing is not the correct match. Look on Facebook for XTreme Dimensions, not sure where you are put folks ship to Joe in NJ all the time.  He will provide a perfect match for that
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:01:50 PM by CVOSGJoe »
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »

The mix formula is available, the only people who tell you otherwise most of the time heard it from the dealer. I recently had the local dealer call wanting the paint code for my Typhoon Maroon because they knew I had done some paint work on it, and THEY KNEW Harley had never released and CVO codes, when I told them it was a std PPG code they really didn't believe it. Give the PPG guy another try. If you don't feel comfortable with the PPG jobber ask him who in the area uses his products and sprays Harleys. Then talk to that guy.
But on that large flake color whoever sprays it for you will have to do it EXACTLY like PPG says or it will not match. All the steps are necessary, from mixing to spray pressure and gun nozzle size, unlike blending a fender on a new Malibu.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

Find a paint shop that uses only ppg or the hit the ppg store. If its a good paint shop they should have a camera that will give them the code. Just did it with my antique gunstock. Got a big surprise when we did.

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

To follow up,
My best friend who is a body shop and uses PPG, had the rep stop in to try and color match my '17 CVOSG using the color gun and all. It could not be matched to any color in there library and therfore was told they would have to costum blend it and do various sample shoots to play with it and try to match.  JUST SAYIN!!!!!!
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »

Call Joe at Xtreme Dimension.   856-740-5020

Price a plain TP, new or used, then see what Joe would charge you to paint it to match.  Harley's prices for a color matched TP, or any CVO parts, are ridiculous.  Xtreme Dimension has a lot of great reviews on this site and others btw.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TZG15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »

GRC just looked up and called Joe leaving a message. Thanks for the great tip!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

GRC just looked up and called Joe leaving a message. Thanks for the great tip!
smart move!! no hassle and great work!!

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 23 queries.