Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Difference in Road King Windshield Quick Release Brackets.  (Read 2267 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO

I have a 98 Road King,  I saw online quick Release Windshield for a Switchback that also fits the Road King. Well I bought and it doesn't fit. My Road King Windshield mounting bolt centers are about 6 3/4". The Switchback / Road King quick release  brackets seem to have about an inch more spacing.  I am  out 145 bucks. If anybody has a Switchback or Late model Road King can you measure the bolt centers , and post it so others won't make the same mistake.
Thanks

no clue

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: Difference in Road King Windshield Quick Release Brackets.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 01:10:38 AM »

I have a 2014 Road King. My measurements are the same. The mounting brackets for the Road King and the Switch Back are completely different. Switch Back complete assembly will not fit a Road King.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:24:59 AM by no clue »

no clue

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:45:19 AM »

I looked at some part numbers.  The brackets for a 2014 Road King. Right bracket 58084-94
Left bracket 58088-94 Complete assembly 57994-94.  Switchback Right bracket 57673-12 Left 57672-12 Complete assembly 57671-12  The part numbers for the 1988 Road King are the same as the 2014 Road King
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:17:46 AM by no clue »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:30:13 AM »

I have a 98 Road King,  I saw online quick Release Windshield for a Switchback that also fits the Road King. Well I bought and it doesn't fit. My Road King Windshield mounting bolt centers are about 6 3/4". The Switchback / Road King quick release  brackets seem to have about an inch more spacing.  I am  out 145 bucks. If anybody has a Switchback or Late model Road King can you measure the bolt centers , and post it so others won't make the same mistake.
Thanks

Sounds like you need to contact the seller for a refund if they claim that Switchback windshield also fits a Road King.  Obviously it does not.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »

Thanks

Just a little observation on your pic, I see you're taking your measurements of 6 3/4" with your tape on the outside of the first bolt head to the center of the second bolt head for your 6 3/4" center.  That is not giving you an accurate bolt hole center.
To get a more accurate bolt hole center you take your measurement reading from the "outside" of the first bolt head to the "inside" of the second bolt head for a center to center bolt hole center reading.
From what I can see by the pic your tape is on the outside of the first bolt head and to the inside of the second bolt head gives you a center to center reading of 6 3/8" for a more accurate center to center bolt hole reading.
The same applies for getting a hole center,.. Outside of hole to inside of second hole gives you the hole measurement center to center.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:47:55 PM by longlast »

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.