Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with 2013 CVO iPOD  (Read 1704 times)

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Help with 2013 CVO iPOD
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Can anyone explain better than the owners manual or CVO supplement on how to operate the iPOD that is stock on this bike. I have owned this bike for almost 2 years and read this user unfriendly manual that comes with the bike and I still can't get the inputs I want. I loaded it with my songs with no problem. The problem lies trying to select what I want and who I want. It is frustrating beyond belief when I am riding down the rode and can't get what I want to play. Seems that no-one at any H/D shop knows either.

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
Re: Help with 2013 CVO iPOD
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:45:32 PM »

Hmmm, I have a 13 with the iPod and in it works great. The left handle bar switch is volume, the right is change track. Now I keep mine on random, so I never try to select an exact track. When I bought it the previous owner had headphones plugged into the antenna plug to use as an antenna for the radio, it worked ok, but I've never used it since, it can be switched from the left handle bar also.

Hope this helps

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »

It isn't easy to navigate if you have a lot of music on it. And the bar switches will only do what the head unit is set up for. Meaning that if you have the head unit set to artist, the 'next' switch on the bars will switch to the next song for that artist but it will only cycle through that one artist. If the head is set for random, the next will select any song on the ipod.

I just got sick and tired of trying to navigate through all the songs and I made playlists and now it is cake. I load a list, hit shuffle and enjoy.

Tropix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:16 PM »

Yes, navigating the iPod while cruising is no small task.  Another issue I have with the iPod music navigation is that the shuffle mode restarts back at the beginning after a shutdown and restart of the bike.  I can only get to some rarely heard music using shuffle if I'm on the road for several hours without shutting down.

One ting I did to help the navigation is to create several playlists.  In fact I have a playlist for each genre.  Now with not too much difficulty while cruising I can at least select a playlist, and even shuffle inside of a playlist.  This has helped, but not a clean resolution to the problem.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »

How do you set up a playlist? I have loaded 350 songs in 3 genres.....I can select artist and genre and when the artist comes up and starts playing I can't select any more of his songs...the up and down mode switch goes to the next artist.....

Tropix

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »

Use iTunes on your PC/MAC to set up playlists, then copy to your iPod/nano Pod.  If you're like me you will need to fumble around with iTunes quite a bit to get things organized the way you want.  Personally, I have found iTunes not to be that intuitive, but some of that I'm sure is my old age.

BTW, if you're using or want to use the iPod app on your iPhone, the Harman Kardon audio system will not recognize the iPod app on your iPhone past iOS 7.  Don't upgrade your iPod or nano Pod past iOS 7 either (I think there is not an upgrade for these devices past iOS 7 anyway).  Nobody seems to want to get this problem fixed, HD, HK, or Apple.  HD's fix for this problem is to buy a new bike with the Infotainment system!

On my 2013 CVO ultra I reverted back to the nano Pod that came with the bike after upgrading my iPhone to iOS 8 because HK no longer recognized the iPod app on my iPhone.  This was an issue with me because I liked that my iPhone was charging while cruising.  Problem solved though with a Battery Tender-to-USB adapter for charging my iPhone, even with the ignition off.  Most HD dealers sell this adapter.  TIP, put your smartphone on airplane mode while cruising.  You're not using it anyway, it charges faster and there is less electrical interference with the CB and AM/FM radio.

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:26:38 AM »

Yes, navigating the iPod while cruising is no small task.  Another issue I have with the iPod music navigation is that the shuffle mode restarts back at the beginning after a shutdown and restart of the bike.  I can only get to some rarely heard music using shuffle if I'm on the road for several hours without shutting down.

One ting I did to help the navigation is to create several playlists.  In fact I have a playlist for each genre.  Now with not too much difficulty while cruising I can at least select a playlist, and even shuffle inside of a playlist.  This has helped, but not a clean resolution to the problem.

Or buy a new bike  :P with my headset on, I can simply talk to the Boom! Audio and tell it what I want to hear. Certainly not the most cost effective fix, but a fix just the same. Lol

rzrpz7

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 03:50:16 AM »

I am not very good with apple products but I am lucky enough to have a daughter that can help. I set up 3 different play list and just switch the play list when I stop. Have to switch the play list on the Ipod itself not sure how to do in on the handelbars. The main issue i have is that some times I cannot skip to next song. I have to unplug the ipod and plug back in and the skip to next track starts working again.
2013 Road King CVO 120R

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 09:04:56 AM »

to switch the playlist, you use the soft buttons on the head unit.  i believe it is the top left hand button.  hit that and then playlist + or -.

you can also completely bypass itunes if you want.  media monkey will work to upload music to your ipod.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.