Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Boy things have really changed  (Read 3067 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Boy things have really changed
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »

:confused5:
As I am awaiting my concealed carry permit (90 day process),  I have been investigating most anything having to do with concealed carry..........  One of the first things that seems logical and almost (mandatory) to me is to join the CCA or something similar.

As I understand it,  it's like an insurance option.  If you happen to get into a scenario where you need to pull out your concealed gun,  (even if you don't use it or even point it at someone)............Stories I have read suggest your azz is going to jail until you make bail,  etc.   This organization when called,  will back you up and supply you with legal help and monetary reimbursement of associated expenses.  Anyone know more about that :nixweiss:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:31 PM »

The gold standard of supporting gun rights in the U.S. is the NRA and they can help with keeping up with current gun laws and concealed carry provisions. They have also helped out on court cases to defend the right to carry.
You are doing it right by studying in advance the legalities and potential problems of concealed carry. Too many people get caught up in the mechanics of just getting the gun that they really get no training on shoot/don't shoot scenarios. All you can do is make an educated good faith effort to protect yourself or others and then face whatever comes next. You can't stop the authorities from charging you or prevent a civil suit etc. Just get ready for the possibilities.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »

:-\
Hey............VAeagle,  I somewhat agree with your response.  However,  I have been a member of the NRA likely before you were born.  Not always happy with the stance that the NRA has taken on some gun issues,  but most of the time since the early 70's,  I have been a member.

While I get their magazine and (constant) mailing for (more money than my annual dues)......... >:(

I'm not familiar with the NRA having any direct impact upon a particular situation with a member as to defending them when neccessary.

On the other hand,  as I said before...........anyone that carries a firearm legally,  needs to have some backup support just in case.  I have not yet joined this organization nor paid them any dues, etc.  but I plan to do so when my cc permit finally goes through.

Check it out,  I do NOT believe the NRA gives you this kind of protection/backup :drink:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/ 

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 01:27:56 AM »

moscooter I understand what you are saying and your usconcealedcarry.com may give you piece of mind. Like all things it's like insurance and we all hope to not need it but when we do ,it's nice to have.
Here is a link to the type of cases the NRA does directly offer help with :
https://www.nradefensefund.org/eligible-cases.aspx#

And what you are looking for may be more for the NRA-ILA and here is a link on their page on how to use then for legal support:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20111212/legal-support

As a comparison you may want to look at an umbrella insurance policy to cover your whole family, it my be cheaper then yearly dues but they may have small print that they won't cover you if charged in a shooting.(need to check with your insurance co.) but it may protect you in all cases such as car accidents and home accidents as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.