Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So it popped up to 81 degrees in the NC Mnts  (Read 2172 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
So it popped up to 81 degrees in the NC Mnts
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:19:27 PM »

Down in my back, can't ride. Well, I got the next best thing although it ain't close to a scoot. Make the best with what you have.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
Re: So it popped up to 81 degrees in the NC Mnts
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »

At least it's not 24 degrees like it is here now, heading down to 10 tonight. WTF.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:25:30 PM »

Now  that is  stress free!    :2vrolijk_21:

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »

Down in my back, can't ride. Well, I got the next best thing although it ain't close to a scoot. Make the best with what you have.
That sucks. How long are you gonna be down?

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:55:03 PM »

sorry,  I thought you meant down in your back yard relaxing.  Hope You heal fast  ;)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »

:-\
There are a varietly of back problems.  I've had a few myself. The back "doc" in Raleigh many yrs ago,  wanted to cut into mine and install some "parts".  I said NO.........several weeks later,  I recovered on my own via time and stretching exercises.  Of course now,  there are these minimally invasive procedures that might be OK in some cases.  But I would avoid seeking surgery if at all possible. :confused5:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 05:58:54 AM »

Thanks for the sympathy. Nothing new, flares up once or twice a year and has for the last 40 years or so. If they keep getting better with the lasers, will prob break down and get something done. Nothing seems to help but a slow-very slow- hike up the little mnt at the end of my road.....with a beer, a gar and my pup. Life is good!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:00:42 AM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »

Good choice sir!

BigLew

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »

Wish you all the best and a quick return to your bike!
Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 CVO Street Glide SE Starfire Black/Atomic Red with Screaming Eagle Stage II Exhaust, 117 Stage IV Motor, King TP Color Matched, Heated Grips. etc...
Prev: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 07:22:12 AM »

Know what you mean about being "down in my back", afraid I have my surgery scheduled for the 31st. of this month. Just can't stand the sciatica pain any longer. It's been with me for on and off for several years but this last episode has been not-stop nerve pain since Nov. last year. Have found absolutely nothing to relieve the pain, done the shots and physical therapy with no help at all. Hopefully the "minimally invasive" surgery is just that and won't be down long. Getting old don't help any either....Y'all ride as much as you can , while you can.... :pineapple:
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »

I'm sorry to hear you guys having these problems.  I blew out a couple of disc at work, years ago....on disability for 2 1/2 yrs. before I finally surrendered to the surgery.  That pain is something that you can't explain to somebody unless they've actually experienced it first hand.....much worse than a broken bone or two.

Had the surgery and even though I'll never be back to 100% of what I was before I blew out those two disc, I wished I'd had the surgery right away rather than put it off for two years.  I still have problems from time to time and at times it runs for days at a time.  But.......at least now I have days and sometimes weeks that I'm relatively (just motrin) pain free compared to the constant pain for 2 1/2 yrs. prior to the surgery.  And I'm back to riding again.  So, in the end, I'm greatful for that surgery.

Now days they have the laser surgery and lathroscopic surgery, much faster healing process.  Good luck to both of you guys going through this.  I would caution you.....be very, very careful of the pain meds.  I ended up hooked, twice, following the doctors direction and the back side of getting off those meds is almost worse than the original back pain.  :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »

JC is telling the truth. The pain lessened by the pain meds is good at the time but very painful coming off of them. I like your pup. :2vrolijk_21:

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 05:26:15 AM »

Yep, hope I have not over-done it with the pain meds.. Guess I'll find out before long.  Really have not found anything to help anyway. Tired of taking all those pills. Won't be long now before the surgery. Got to get over all this so I can get back in the two wheel saddle and take advantage of peace-of-mind that riding is all about.
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.