Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Locking Issues 2017 Street Glide CVO  (Read 1985 times)

Taz728

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

Power Locking Issues 2017 Street Glide CVO
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »

Just joined the group. I have already found several topics that have peaked my interest and will explore when I have time. Getting back to the problem at hand. All power locks will lock fine, this includes saddlebags and fork from both the FOB and the dashboard, however none will unlock. When you push either of the unlock buttons, the lights flash so I know its getting a signal to the bike, but no actuator sound. So I am assuming since all locks are not working that it must be something central to all three like a fuse......Any Thought?

Look forward to hearing from the group and participating when I can.

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
Re: Power Locking Issues 2017 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:35:35 PM »

So are you locked out of your bike, or just saddlebags?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »

Sounds like a warranty issue.   :) 

Seriously, tho, since I don't know the specifics of that system, this is just a SWAG:  If there are two separate fuses, then it could be the unlock fuse.  It could be a broken wire/connector that's before the wire splits to go to forks and saddlebags.  Other than that,   :nixweiss:

Hope you get it fixed before the fork lock leaves you going in circles. 
If you want peace, prepare for war.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »

I assume you can still unlock everything the old fashioned way, so there shouldn't be any issue with being "locked out".

Has this issue always been evident, or did the locks work properly initially and just recently stop working?  I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I'm fairly certain the system doesn't use separate fuses for lock and unlock functions.  However, it's not that hard to check all the fuses so that might still be a good place to start looking.  A more likely scenario might be the power lock relays, of which there are two, one for unlock and one for lock. Both relays are the same part number, try swapping them and see if the problem changes from the unlock function to the lock function.  It's a simple first or second step in diagnosing the problem.

Since the lights flash when you press the button, obviously the module is receiving the signal.  Since the lock function works, obviously the module works for that function.  If the relay isn't the problem, I'd suspect a bad connection, possibly a terminal pushout in the connector or broken wire.  If you want to check some things out before taking it in for warranty repair, I'd locate the module and check the harness to module connection.  Gently pull on each wire to see if any are not locked in to the connector (terminal pushout), and visually inspect for any damage to the wires.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »

I'm in agreement with a connection being a possible cause.
A wire not locked into a connector is something I have found many
times, in the automotive field. Use a small pair of needle nose pliars to pull on each wire related to that circuit. Also disconnect and inspect each pin in both male female side of the connector.
On my StreetGlide after the dealer wired in the tourpak lights they had wires in the wrong holes on the connector. That was a fun 1 to figure out.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Taz728

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

Hey all, thanks for the input and sorry for the delay. I watched the board for a few days after posting the problem and didn't see any responses so I had not checked back in awhile. Turned out to be a loose connection. Since I was taking the bike in for the 1,000 miles service the dealer checked it out for me.Thanks again.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.