Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: fullsac cores  (Read 3026 times)

xupd42bmg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

fullsac cores
« on: March 31, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

2016 cvo rg.  Do I have to get a tuner for just the fullsac 2.0 cores.  My bike is still under warranty and I'd like to keep it that way. And I'm curious how many mods you can do without messing up warranty. Was thinking about doing a cam probably woods.

mazz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Re: fullsac cores
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »

of course your dealer gives the final answer regarding what they tell Harley who provides the warranty .
i would not expect full sac to change anything regarding your warranty status and i would not expect slip on changes to require a new tune.
if your concerns are the recent emission issue and fine Harley paid the factory is watching 2017 and newer bikes i don't think they will flag a 2016.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:31:26 AM »

Slip on's will be OK as would be Fullsac cores per my dealer.
Bill

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:29:16 AM »

The rule of thumb is you can change one component without tuning but not two. Such as change breather or mufflers, no tune necessary. Change breather and mufflers you should tune. However, even a stock bike will benefit from a good tune. Tuners that record and store the factory tune are very popular (TTS) due to the fact if you do have a problem that warranty should cover simply reinstall factory settings.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

bigdog1949

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »

Be careful,my bike was flagged by HD for a dyne tune done by them !

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »

Be careful,my bike was flagged by HD for a dyne tune done by them !
If they didnt tell you up front they were going to do that it is very wrong!
Alan

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:24:33 PM »

these days, predictable.. all the paperwork says thats what they will do..

the salesman, and the parts guy, and the service writer can say anything they like - but its the paperwork.

race tune - end of engine warranty.. right in the paperwork.

what i always say - do what you want its your bike, but its crazy to think hd will warrant a modified bike

recently a guy down the street from me, not quite a block away was going to have a huge kit and tune etc etc done on his month old m8 while it was still in for winter storage, said the dealer said they would cover the warranty.. i told him to ask for that in writing - the next day he came back all butt hurt - the warranty would be void except at that particular dealer and they would do a dealer warranty only if they did all service and would not put any of it in writing. .. mmm yup thats the way it is now. he was by a few days ago - its still stone stock.

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »

I put 2.0" cores in my 16 sg before my 1k service with no tune and didn't change anything. Before I did anything talked to the dealer and was told that just changing mufflers wouldn't void the warranty or affect a tune. I would be willing to bet that most service techs wouldn't even notice you put the cores in, would probably see the stock mufflers and not think twice about it.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »

I bet you are right.  ::)

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 08:12:56 AM »

A comprehensive dyno tune, even on a stock bike will yield huge dividends, cooler running, more power, and overall smoothness of operation will be significantly enhanced.

As far as warranty concerns, an experienced tuner with a the right tuning device, can dial your bike in, and a dealer will not even know he was there. :)

Your bike will run with only a muffler swap, but it's going to be like riding with an upright propane heater between your legs in the summer.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »

If they didnt tell you up front they were going to do that it is very wrong!

Very true Alan.....they should disclose up front.  But, in my humble opinion, Harley dealerships are a lot like used car salesmen, RV salesmen, boat salesmen.  They will tell you anything, do anything to sell it to you.  Everybody has to eat so it's hard for a person with ethics to make it in those lines of work.  We had a leasing agent like that.....he's no longer with us.

On the flip side....dealerships made a huge part of their profit back in the service dept.  What are they going to do if they can't do anything except change OEM parts?  Service depts. will shrink considerably.  :nixweiss:

Back on topic.....Durwood says it all very direct and to the point in his first sentence.  Get a TTS tuner (so that you can go back to stock on your tune if you need warranty work) and tune it along with the stock exhaust.  You will be very happy with the increased performance and cooler operating temps and your motor will be happier, also.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:50:32 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »

I personally prefer Dynojet Power Vision, with it, and the advanced user software, the ECM access is unparalleled by any other device on the market.
Plus the tune license option is great for guys that don't really have a need for the unit itself, and it's only $199 retail.

But, if you are going to have it tuned on a dyno, be sure to purchase the device that the tech is most comfortable with so that desired results are achieved.

Daren

xupd42bmg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »

Thanks for all those replies. Stupid question.  Isn't the AC that comes on the CVO the high flow air cleaner just like after market filters?  Would this not count as high flow AC and mufflers?

nvabill

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 10:24:21 PM »

Thanks for all those replies. Stupid question.  Isn't the AC that comes on the CVO the high flow air cleaner just like after market filters?  Would this not count as high flow AC and mufflers?

Yes, you have the high flow air cleaner factory but if you just change the pipes it's still only one change.  Since you already have the air cleaner there isn't any change there.

nvabill

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »

Oh and by the way, you know you aren't going to stop at just a muffler core change.  :)

xupd42bmg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 09:31:19 AM »

Oh yes.... I was up all night just thinking about the changes I want to make..lol

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »

Oh and by the way, you know you aren't going to stop at just a muffler core change.  :)

He certainly stepped into the wrong room....    :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.