Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Power Cores Sound Level  (Read 4273 times)

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Fullsac Power Cores Sound Level
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 09:50:55 AM »

i keep seeing & reading about folks wanting to sacrifice power and reliability for "more sound"  .....

get a big speaker in a saddlebag and a amp.. get a sound chip like the electric train guys use - program in the sound you want

i want to ride - and reliability - and to keep up with traffic..

as my hearing gets worse [loud 79 sportster saw to that] its just noise now anyway, gives me a headache. so i run stone stock cvo mufflers.

there is one good thing about guys wanting loud pipes... - the noisy guys are like cop traps - i regularly pass some moron with loud pipes getting hassled by the cops - they never see me as i fly by   ::)

nvabill

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »

i keep seeing & reading about folks wanting to sacrifice power and reliability for "more sound"  .....

get a big speaker in a saddlebag and a amp.. get a sound chip like the electric train guys use - program in the sound you want

i want to ride - and reliability - and to keep up with traffic..

as my hearing gets worse [loud 79 sportster saw to that] its just noise now anyway, gives me a headache. so i run stone stock cvo mufflers.

there is one good thing about guys wanting loud pipes... - the noisy guys are like cop traps - i regularly pass some moron with loud pipes getting hassled by the cops - they never see me as i fly by   ::)

I hear you on that one, I definitely want to hear the radio and don't want to give up any power.  All I want is that sweet spot in the middle, enough out of the pipes to sound good but still able to hear the radio.

J.D.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 01:40:43 PM »

Then get the 2".  Still isn't loud enough?  Get the 2.25" and sell the 2".  Seems pretty simple to me.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »

I like the 1.75s but im fat and old and id rather listen to music than the pipes. I am putting the 2" in my new build so we will see!
your funny Van :huepfenlol2:

nvabill

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 11:16:19 PM »

Then get the 2".  Still isn't loud enough?  Get the 2.25" and sell the 2".  Seems pretty simple to me.

Great suggestion, thanks, after all the cost of these power cores is chicken feed compared to overall cost of owning a Harley.

nvabill

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »

I run the DX pipe along with the 2" baffles from Fullsac and love them. If you go larger than 2" on a stock 110" motor you are usually trading power for a louder sound. These engines need back some pressure to operate at peak performance. There is plenty of data on this site that supports this.

I think youre right, now that I think about it most dyno runs Fullsac does are with the 2 inch baffles.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

At this stage of stage in life. I went with vh power cell and stock cvo mufflers. I don't want to hear the exhaust anymore.  Just good tunes. Stuart.  :nixweiss: . With the fp3 I am very happy with it.
Cmon Stuart, just need louder tunes!!
Alan

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 10:21:47 AM »

I've run both the 1.75'" and the 2". The 1.75's were on my '07 bike, 2" on current. The way I had them set up the 1.75" were louder because all the packing blew out, the retainer screens weren't available at that time. My tune was not optimal on that bike either, it had a Thundermax unit on it that never seemed to work as advertised. I have the DX pipes and the 2" cores now with TTS tuned by Doc's Performance, it runs and sounds great to me and several people have commented on how smooth it runs and sounds.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »

I have an '09 SERG with Fullsac TTS map and originally their 2" cores.  It was okay on sound and ran well.  I gutted the CAT when I did the install.

My wife liked my old '08 SERK V&H Ovals for sound and wanted to hear a "bit" more exhaust.

I found a set of Fullsac 2.5" and bought them.  The sound is great and still when cruising at speeds, or lower throttle, I can hear the tunes just fine.

As far as power loss, I'm sure there is "some" down low, but to be very honest I don't notice any in my arse dyno.  I still get mid 40's for mpg's and have a bit more rumble to boot.

I know that the old 2" would be the most HP/torque producing, but again, I really don't feel any difference.  I did the 30t drive sprocket change after I had ridden with the 2.5" for a year or so.  I've stated this before, but after the stage 1 upgrade, I feel that the 30t drive sprocket is the most bang for the buck, especially if you're a bit on the heavier side and ride 2-up 95% of the time.

So that's my 2ยข worth for today...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.