Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch master cylinder rebuild kit  (Read 1137 times)

Pullatrain

• IA

• CVO1: 2011 cvo road glide
Clutch master cylinder rebuild kit
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »

Hey guys I have a 2011 cvo road glide ultra. I can't seem to find any rebuild kits for the clutch master cylinder. After letting my bike idle for half hour or so on the first startup this year the clutch would hardly engage. After shutting the bike off I "pumped" the leaver a few time and could hear air sucking sound at the leaver contact point. I disassembled the master cylinder and the seals all look fine but I was going to rebuild it anyway be cause of the air sucking obviously was a leak in the system. More info the fluid was nasty black slime with the fluid. This system has never been apart to the best of my knowledge and I have owed it since it was a year old and 1100 miles. I've called two dealers and neither show a rebuild kit for this master cylinder. Is there one on the aftermarket? Really hope someone has run into this and has found a kit because mamma won't be happy having to buy a $355 r placement.

Pullatrain

• IA

• CVO1: 2011 cvo road glide
Re: Clutch master cylinder rebuild kit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »

Update. I flushed the lines and  bled the system enough to make sure it has new fluid through out and so far so good. Now on to the next issue keeping of the road haha

Blackhawk

• How do you clear your mind between meetings: wind in my face at 60mph and a rumble between my legs.

• CVO1: 2012 Softail Convertable
Re: Clutch master cylinder rebuild kit
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

Oddly enough, I have the same problem with my 2012 CVOSoftail.  Have not had any issues until this spring.  The clutch doesn't seem to engage.  wonder if same issue.  May have to get the dealer to come grab it.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.