Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Michelin Commander 2  (Read 8136 times)

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

Re: Michelin Commander 2
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »

15's unfortunately do not have the TPMS :(  I was checking every 2 Wks but looks like I am going to have to do it every pre-ride, which I really should be doing anyway.
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 03:37:38 AM »

is there anyone using nitrogen in their tires?  I was told it's a good idea. . . Stuart.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 10:02:35 AM »

I use 78% nitrogen.   :P

no where to get it around here, and most 'experts' are of the opinion that it isn't really needed, esp. if you have to pay. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »

Just a theory but I looked back over this post and it seems to be that all the RG guys are the ones getting 16k-24k out of their tires but have not seen a post from a batwing rider that is getting that kind of mileage...so is there something about the RG's that makes the tires last longer...hmmmm

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 06:47:38 PM »

It's that magical front end.  ::)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »

Just a theory but I looked back over this post and it seems to be that all the RG guys are the ones getting 16k-24k out of their tires but have not seen a post from a batwing rider that is getting that kind of mileage...so is there something about the RG's that makes the tires last longer...hmmmm
I have both, same mileage..
Alan

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Great catch on the RG vs Bat, would be interesting to see if we had a large number of samples for comparison.
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »

Replaced my stock dunlops at 22K with Metzlers 888.  I now have the bike in for the 30K service and the tires need to be replaced.  I run solo and always check the tire pressure so I was a little disappointed in the mileage.  I do ride aggressively so I am sure that attributed to the reduced mileage :P
The tires gripped exceptionally well on dry pavement, but totally sucked in the rain, as the bike's ass end was all over the place.
Going to replace them with the Michelin's so we will see how it goes..At the end of the day tires are a personal choice so good luck in yours..
Glock

FXD_TG

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:17 PM »

Replaced my stock dunlops at 22K with Metzlers 888.

I've got about 10k on the Dunlops and they're cupped badly; same as all of the previous Dunlops on the FLHRSE5.  Admittedly, I'm hard on tires and don't mind getting 10k except when the last 1k - 2k is plagued by the sound and feel of a cupped tire.

Thought about the Michelins as I run Pilot Sports on my R1100S and they are really a great handling tire in all weather conditions. But, 5k is even a stretch on the Pilots + sportbike.

Anyway, I've also been using the Metzler 880's on my Wide Glide and really thought it was a good tire. Mileage wasn't great but we put most of the miles on riding two up with luggage.

So, faced with the decision to fit the Michelin Commander II's and the Metzler 888's, I went with the Metzlers.  If those wear-out in less than 10k or exhibit crappy wet road handling I'll give the Michelin's a try next.

jplut

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 09:41:43 PM »

I've got just shy of 12k on my stock tires, the fronts are just starting to sing a little so I think I'll need at set this year.

Does Michelin make a Commander 2 figment for a 15 CVO SG?  I thought I was gonna either need another set of stock or American Elites.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked Jake Wilson and they do!  That's great news, I did Commander IIs on my 2012 and really loved them. I will be trying those when these are done this summer.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:46:36 PM by jplut »

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 12:27:45 PM »

Doing some research I was looking at the Michelin website. The "Highly Recommended" tire for my bike is the Scorcher 31, I had never heard of that model before. Anyone running that one? I'm not as concerned about how many miles I get as I am with how well a tire holds the road but don't want to be bothered with changing tires every season either.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »

Doing some research I was looking at the Michelin website. The "Highly Recommended" tire for my bike is the Scorcher 31, I had never heard of that model before. Anyone running that one? I'm not as concerned about how many miles I get as I am with how well a tire holds the road but don't want to be bothered with changing tires every season either.
I'd heard the Michelin Scorcher model was spec'd on Sportster's and Dyna's .......and while Michelin says the Scorcher was recently approved for the big touring bikes .......be sure and check that the "load rating" is equal to the stock tires. I couldn't readily find that information on Michelin's website and gave up. Don't care for the tread pattern anyway ......looks like it might be noisy ???! I switched to the American Elite's 4k miles ago and still am pleased with my choice.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »

I wish there was something. On my RG w/factory shoes I never got more than 10 or 12k out of them and the worst one for mileage the rear one was shot at 4k. And no it wasn't holeshots that did it just 2 up road trippin.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 06:53:36 PM »

15's unfortunately do not have the TPMS :(  I was checking every 2 Wks but looks like I am going to have to do it every pre-ride, which I really should be doing anyway.
x2 SteveVO. Exploring an upgrade for my 2015 FLTRUSE to have the TPMS feature proved to be way too costly. Tried and am quite pleased with the FOBO Tire system which transmits the tire pressure via Bluetooth to your smartphone ........check it out:
https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOTIRE
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »

x2 SteveVO. Exploring an upgrade for my 2015 FLTRUSE to have the TPMS feature proved to be way too costly. Tried and am quite pleased with the FOBO Tire system which transmits the tire pressure via Bluetooth to your smartphone ........check it out:
https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOTIRE
I have used the Fobo system on my Roadglide since it first became available and it has never let me down. Though the TPMS on my 17 is slick I do mis being able to just walk by my bike any time when i have it all covered up and I am not going to ride it and just look at my phone and see the pressures. Even considered putting a Fobo on my 17 but I get that would be ridiculous even for me..
Alan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.