Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Michelin Commander 2  (Read 8130 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Michelin Commander 2
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »

I have used the Fobo system on my Roadglide since it first became available and it has never let me down. Though the TPMS on my 17 is slick I do mis being able to just walk by my bike any time when i have it all covered up and I am not going to ride it and just look at my phone and see the pressures. Even considered putting a Fobo on my 17 but I get that would be ridiculous even for me..

Does the phone app limit the number of transmitters it will monitor in a single display?  Was wondering if two bikes (or even two bikes and a trailer) could all be quickly reviewed in the shop on one screen? 

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »

Does the phone app limit the number of transmitters it will monitor in a single display?  Was wondering if two bikes (or even two bikes and a trailer) could all be quickly reviewed in the shop on one screen?
Good question ......which may best be answered by contacting the FOBO folks. They allude to monitoring up to 19 wheels/transmitters using a single app .......and also have an FAQ section on their website :P.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »

I have used the Fobo system on my Roadglide since it first became available and it has never let me down. Though the TPMS on my 17 is slick I do mis being able to just walk by my bike any time when i have it all covered up and I am not going to ride it and just look at my phone and see the pressures. Even considered putting a Fobo on my 17 but I get that would be ridiculous even for me..

I was surfing the FOBO site and see there is a FOBO Bike. Is that the one you are using? Do you use the "T-valves"? Although the T-valve seems like a good idea, I wonder just how unsightly it is, and if it has any affect on tire balance?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:43 PM »

Rode back from my indy's abot 65 miles.  Some interstate some twisties, some new pavement with twisties.  Enough to get the glaze off.  Felt pretty good, tomorrow will be the real test as it will be through some N. GA mountain roads hammering on the bike..
Will update after 2-300 mile ride tomorrow...
Glock

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »

I was surfing the FOBO site and see there is a FOBO Bike. Is that the one you are using? Do you use the "T-valves"? Although the T-valve seems like a good idea, I wonder just how unsightly it is, and if it has any affect on tire balance?

Mark
Yes, that is it. I do use the t valve on the rear tire and think I will also put one on the front on my next tire change which looks like that will be soon. I only originally put on rear because I was worried about how it looked but its not bad. It is super convenient to have that t valve. Here is their website:
https://my-fobo.com/product/fobobike
Alan

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 12:36:38 AM »

Yes, that is it. I do use the t valve on the rear tire and think I will also put one on the front on my next tire change which looks like that will be soon. I only originally put on rear because I was worried about how it looked but its not bad. It is super convenient to have that t valve. Here is their website:
https://my-fobo.com/product/fobobike

Alan,

Can you post a pic of what it looks like, T valve and all.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:08 AM »

Alan,

Mark
Of course Mark, bike in the shop but I will take a pic when I pick it up. Might not be until next weekend
Alan

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:33 AM »

Old school

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »

Rode 300 miles today on the new tires.. Temp when I left this am was 67*, rose to 90*.  Tires handled exceptionally well with no wandering when pushed into corners.  Flowed right over the tire snakes with no wobble.  Tracked exceptionally well when accelerating making a right/left hand turn.
I don't think you can go wrong with these if you choose to do so.  The next test will be how they handle in the rain..
Glock

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 10:35:56 PM »

so, couple of questions on the fobo.  can I buy one car set and use two on one bike, and two on another?  and I assume that if I don't want to use it on either bike, I could just buy one set of fobo bike and use it on a trailer instead?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »

I'm looking for long term reviews for the michelin tires, have always used them on my trucks with great experiences. I'm running down to 4/32 on the rear AE after 8500mi and getting slight cupping, I never got more than 6k out of the original HD-407 180/55-18.

I use to replace front tire every other rear tire mounted but now I replace them as a set. I can justify it by owning a tire machine and slave labor. I'm real happy with the AE's right now.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 09:19:49 AM »

I've been running Michelin for several years now. No complaints at all. They quickly became my preference. My only complaint would have nothing to do with their use on a heavy Touring bike. It would only be in that since I mount my own they'very got a really stiff sidewall and sometimes make me say a few extra bad words during the installation.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »

I'm looking for long term reviews for the michelin tires, have always used them on my trucks with great experiences. I'm running down to 4/32 on the rear AE after 8500mi and getting slight cupping, I never got more than 6k out of the original HD-407 180/55-18.

I use to replace front tire every other rear tire mounted but now I replace them as a set. I can justify it by owning a tire machine and slave labor. I'm real happy with the AE's right now.

TN
My experience is like Twolane's - tires ride and handle well - dry or wet.  Not ridden with the Dunlop AE but I switched to the Michs several years ago on my '07 and my '12 due to the severe cupping on the stock Lops.  Found that the Michs cupped on me also but didn't make note of mileage on either brand when the cupping started.  I've resigned myself to the fact that on these big heavy touring bikes riding two-up with cargo the rear tire is going to cup - just no way around it in my experience.  I've heard that pulling a trailer can also impact the tendency for the rear tire to cup but I don't know if that is fact or supposition.  Since I've sold both these bikes I lost my receipts but I think the Michs lasted a bit longer than the stock Lops. 
When I need new tires on my new '17 I'll probably go with the Michs.

Like Twolane said the sidewalls are stiff.  My local dealer couldn't get the tire bead seated on the rim of my first rear tire and had to send the wheel to a tire shop which had a higher volume air compressor that could really blast a large amount of air quickly.  All the other tires were mounted by an indy tire company whose owners are riders and specialize in selling and mounting motorcycle tires.  Never any problem for them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:18:27 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »

I have been using the Commander 2 since I had my 2009 Ultra and on every bike since. I get almost double the mileage compared to the stock Dunlops. They handle great in all weather conditions. Just keep your tires inflated properly and ride on.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »

Alan,

Mark
Here you are Mark ..........and they don't affect the balance significantly as the sending units are very light.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.