Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Michelin Commander 2  (Read 8141 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Michelin Commander 2
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »

Here you are Mark ..........and they don't affect the balance significantly as the sending units are very light.
Yep, mine looks exactly the same.
Alan

hskr24

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 01:18:43 PM »

Here you are Mark ..........and they don't affect the balance significantly as the sending units are very light.

My GOD Trigger-man, what do you use on your rims? Mine haven't looked that shiny since the day I rolled out of the dealership. LOL.

hskr24

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 01:34:11 PM »

At the risk of getting flogged by the "tire experts", I've found that running a little higher PSI has prevented any of the cupping issues some of y'all have mentioned. I run 40 up front, and 41 in the rear. I still get even wear, great traction in all weather, (I ride year round, unless there's snow or ice on the ground) and I just changed out the original set with just over 20K on them. My front tire probably still had another 5-10K left, but like some of you, I chose to just change both. Last CVO I had, after the original set of Dunlops wore out, I replaced with the Dunlop AEs and loved them. I just put another set of those on this as well. Couple of guys I ride with swear by the Commander2s, but I seem to out perform them in the twisties. I don't ride softly either. I ride hard in the corners, make jack-rabbit starts and am usually hard on the brakes as well. I keep both saddlebags and usually my tourpack loaded up and ride 2 up occasionally when it's so cold the old lady won't ride hers. I have no issues with the Dunlops. I AM interested in those FOBO monitors though. I check my air pressure every Saturday regardless if I'm riding or not. This would be nice to just walk by it and see what the PSI is. I may even break down and get the OL a set for her bike.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »

My GOD Trigger-man, what do you use on your rims? Mine haven't looked that shiny since the day I rolled out of the dealership. LOL.
The wheels didn't look so good after a 4 week cross-country road trip which included several rain storms ....but cleaned up nicely using MAAS Metal Polish. To keep them looking good there are any number of solutions out there hskr24 ..........but all require routine attention ;D. Bugslide works well for me to routinely clean and protect :2vrolijk_21: I now use it for the entire bike.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »

Just installed a set of Michelin Commander II. This is the third bike I've put them one and every time, it feels like a new bike.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:57:49 PM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »

Headed up to Cherokee,NC Friday then back on Monday which calls for 80% chance of rain.  Guess I'll know how they handle in the wet..
Until then...
Glock

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »

The wheels didn't look so good after a 4 week cross-country road trip which included several rain storms ....but cleaned up nicely using MAAS Metal Polish. To keep them looking good there are any number of solutions out there hskr24 ..........but all require routine attention ;D. Bugslide works well for me to routinely clean and protect :2vrolijk_21: I now use it for the entire bike.

Yep, The MAAS is the Deal :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Easiest to use metal polish ever... Over the years I've used them all from Old #7, SimiChrome, Brasso,,,

CIIs on '05 SEEG;
'Have >10k on them, still look pretty new, wearing perfectly, thinking I will get much more mileage out of CIIs than the Stock Dunlops (usually 11k Rear,,, 2 Rears to 1 Front, appears that the CIIs are wearing more evenly F&R and will replace as a set) The CIIs improved the Handling of the '05 immensely, easier turn in, more nimble...

CIIs on the '09 SERG
'Have 3,500 on the CIIs so far,,, No signs of cupping yet :nervous: (main complaint with OE!), was surprised that the difference in handling from the Dunlops to CIIs  was nonexistent compared to the '05  :nixweiss: Feels like the 18s on the '09 are more rounded, whereas the 16s on the '05 have more of a "V" shape... 'Got around 17k out of the last set of Lops...  $345. to the door price matched from Revzilla...

Keeping a # or so more than factory recommended pressures, the CIIs ride smooth, are predictable, and exhibit no ill traits... Really like the Handling improvement on the '05...

I'm not very petite and 'most always totin' "The Ball & Chain"... Live in FL with 'Sport Touring" pretty much all over...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:58:08 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

hskr24

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »

I'll have to look into the MAAS. I HAVE found that I really like the Bugslide on the rest of the bike though. Hell, I use it religiously on my windshield. (Bugshield) LOL

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 08:37:02 AM »

SteVO, what are your roads made from?  In NW Canada and Alaska they use granite in the asphalt. And those sharp edges tear up tires pretty bad.  A lot of blacktop in the midwest uses limestone which is softer and I think that may be why we get more miles/tire.  Concrete road help too.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »

Just ordered some MAAS polish.  Looking for something to use on the Chrome guards on my Featherlite trailer, as they have oxidized and turned a dirty gray. I'll report back on how it works.  Rims on my bike would be an added bonus.  Looking forward to getting it.  Sorry to sidetrack the thread.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:36:19 AM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

Well for what it's worth, my 2015 batwing SG has 18k on original tires with tread still. I don't do burnouts but I do ride pretty aggressively, at times pretty high rates of speed as well. And if anyone thinks they have chitty roads.....well now....come to Michigan my friend. I will show you chitty roads! Normal tire pressure. Light duty two up. Mostly solo throttle jockey kind of riding. But I do ride on a still rear suspension setting if that matters. I'm about 250 pound rider.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »

Well for what it's worth, my 2015 batwing SG has 18k on original tires with tread still. I don't do burnouts but I do ride pretty aggressively, at times pretty high rates of speed as well. And if anyone thinks they have chitty roads.....well now....come to Michigan my friend. I will show you chitty roads! Normal tire pressure. Light duty two up. Mostly solo throttle jockey kind of riding. But I do ride on a still rear suspension setting if that matters. I'm about 250 pound rider.
What about cupping JP? The stock Dunlops are well known to cup ........particularly the rear tire. Although you say "with tread still" ......may I assume there's not much left and that you've worn past the "wear bars"?
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 01:12:31 AM »

Well I am going g over to the darkside here and putting on theses Commander 2's. I have posted up here that I rode my buddies bike with C2's and it got squirly on me but my tech talked me into them today as I need tires. When I told him my story about my buddies bike he asked if tires were warmed up well and to be fair they were not. He said the C2's do not grip right until completely warm but grip better than stockers after. I am rough on tires always needing rears around 5000 miles but this time I made it to 7000 (new bike) but front tire is starting to cup and it was perfect timing to talk me into trying something new.
Alan

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2017, 09:46:44 AM »

I put the Michelin Commander 2 on my bike 2 weeks ago after a trip up the the Dragons Tail.  I will never go back to Dunlops, I LOVE the Michelins!! :orange:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:34 PM »

Got a set of C2s on order...will be here for my next days off. Back sticker has been howling for the last 8,000 km,
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 22 queries.