Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Fly United  (Read 4146 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Fly United
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »

Back in the day when I worked retail, the lesson was this.  The customer always comes first, and the customer is almost always right (whether they really are or not).  When did that morph into "screw the customer, it's all about my convenience and comfort" or "screw the customer, it's all about the bottom line and my big bonus"?

There are always other ways to get a crew to an airport that don't require screwing over a paying customer or even better yet, having a paying customer assaulted and put in the hospital.  If memory serves, you can drive from Chicago to Louisville in less than five hours.  The airline could have hired a limo, or just had the crew take a rental car.  They could have put them on a different airline flying that way.  I'm sure they could have done several other things if they had the mindset to do anything possible before screwing over paying passengers.

The entire "hooray for me and to hell with the rest of you" attitude I see everywhere these days ticks me off to no end.  I'm just thankful I'm retired and don't have to put up with this sort of thing at work or anywhere else for that matter.  These days I only have to answer to one person, and that's the lady I've been with for the last fifty years.  Everyone else can kiss my azz.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »

.... The entire "hooray for me and to hell with the rest of you" attitude I see everywhere these days ticks me off to no end.  I'm just thankful I'm retired and don't have to put up with this sort of thing at work or anywhere else for that matter.  These days I only have to answer to one person, and that's the lady I've been with for the last fifty years.  Everyone else can kiss my azz.

Jerry

"....and stay OFF of my lawn!"

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »

I don't think most people were blaming the 4 employees that the seats were being vacated for.  United had to get those 4 people to the next flight or that flight would have been cancelled which would impact their overall rating as well as the 180 (I think that was the number) passengers booked for that flight. If you have a paid seat and arrive on time you should not get bumped off.  Many people have to change flights at the last minute and they get charged for that.  They overbook because most of the time there is not an issue with it.  United should have bumped up the value to get people off or figured out another way to get employees on that other flight.  One other odd thing was that the guy was allowed back on the flight after all this.  I guess they didn't  need all four employees or did someone else volunteer to get off the plane.  I never read for sure how that occurred.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »

Missed the entire point!

What should "they" have done?  "They" being the 4 airline employees assigned to fly the last 4 seats.

Why hate on them?

I'm not hating on anybody,,, I think it's friggin' hilarious,,, I don't own any United Stock...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 11:26:40 AM »

This didn't take long

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:50 PM »

At one time I worked for a couple of airlines (not United) and I don't know all the facts involved. And its pretty plain to see that most folks that have spoken there mind here don't know the facts either. ITs a policy that has always been in place but its a bad policy. Its seems that all the stars aligned and United really came out of this wounded and I'm not sure they will recover and that would be very sad. To those of you that think that buying a ticket guarantees a seat, that is not true and you are misinformed. It appears after quite some time on this site (since 07) that we now have quite a few people on here that love kicking folks while they are down by ranting off about what all they would do differently and usually they a full of hot air because writing your opinion has no consequences.  I have found in my life experiences that being kind is always the best option. When people screw up and it affects you they will usually try to fix it for you. Deciding to have a sit in moment on a Federally controlled aircraft for any reason is a bad idea given the current state of being politically correct. As one of my Leo's told me "don't mistake my kindness for weakness". As Hub would say there ends the lesson!
BigLew
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.