Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Daymaker headlight  (Read 3975 times)

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Daymaker headlight
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »

Thinking about upgrading to the DayMaker.  Is this thing really worth the $700??

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

Re: Daymaker headlight
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »

I have them and they are awesome at night, however... With the RG having the double light set up, if (when really) you take a rock shot to one of 'em, you can't replace just one - typical HD crap you are forced to buy the entire thing again. And you can not replace just the glass, I looked all over and couldn't only the glass. So something to keep in mind.

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »

I have them and they are awesome at night, however... With the RG having the double light set up, if (when really) you take a rock shot to one of 'em, you can't replace just one - typical HD crap you are forced to buy the entire thing again. And you can not replace just the glass, I looked all over and couldn't only the glass. So something to keep in mind.

That looks really painful but I bet that throws out one heck of a pattern now....

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »

OUCH!
IF I can muster the strength to buy one, I doubt very seriously I'd buy another one before putting the stock ones back in.

Steventammy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »

Aftermarket ones work just as well. Get em

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Steve & Tammy
2011 CVO RGU

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »

Great headlight. I recommend buying them from the manufacture that makes them for the MoCo as they have the most up to date models Also, if you can swing the cost, get the upgraded "adaptive" version that throws light off in the direction of the turn.

https://www.jwspeaker.com/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:41:26 PM by CHH_Badkarma »

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
Daymaker headlight
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »

G'Day Colorado Tom,

I strongly recommend them plus the spotlights mounted low and angled slightly out. While they do light up the tight corners way better a bigger reason to get them is lighting up the edges of the road if/when you ride through critter country.

If you do much riding at night they are a much better investment than non-functional gewgaws like chrome & willie g decorations. IMHO one of the smartest 'upgrades' you can make..

Cheers Major Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:36:12 PM by Major Tom »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 09:24:58 PM »

I had them on my 09 SERG and they are the best headlamps I ever had on anything, Cars/Trucks..anything. Paid $560 at one of the 20% sales at local dealer. WELL worth it to me, I would do it again. Just had to raise the adjustment above what the stock lights were, alot, to make them really work well.
If you break one it is a insurance loss, next one would only be $100 deductible for me. And for anyone who thinks $560 is expensive, then buy a Escalade LED or one of the adaptive units for a euro car. Daymaker is cheap.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 12:25:12 AM »

OUCH!
IF I can muster the strength to buy one, I doubt very seriously I'd buy another one before putting the stock ones back in.
After getting used to Daymakers, don't think anyone could go back to stock lights.
Alan

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »

If price is the main concern, you could try to use an HID kit. That would drop the price a huge margin, however the beam pattern would suffer horribly when using the stock housing as compared to the LED unit.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

sure, you can buy just one.  but its almost as expensive as the whole kit.  msrp on one light is $450.  pn is 67700111

http://shop.outpostalaska.com/oempartfinder.htm#/Harley-Davidson%c2%ae/FLTRXSE2_1TC8_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2013)/WINDSHIELD%2c_FAIRING_%26_HEADLAMPS/99431-13%5cTC/FLTRXSE2_1TC8_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2013)%2f%2fWINDSHIELD%2c_FA
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »

I have them. They are incredible. I also have them in my Jeep JK. They are manufactured by JW Speaker.  Check out their website, you may be able to get one cheaper without it saying HD on the lens!
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »

sure, you can buy just one.  but its almost as expensive as the whole kit.  msrp on one light is $450.  pn is 67700111

http://shop.outpostalaska.com/oempartfinder.htm#/Harley-Davidson%c2%ae/FLTRXSE2_1TC8_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2013)/WINDSHIELD%2c_FAIRING_%26_HEADLAMPS/99431-13%5cTC/FLTRXSE2_1TC8_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2013)%2f%2fWINDSHIELD%2c_FA

Wow that's news to me. No HD dealer I asked offered to sell that, only the kit - and I asked a bunch of 'em. If it happens again I now have a $200 deductible so that's that.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »

reading the install instructions from the website and they ask that you remove the windshield.    Any idea why?  does it really need to be removed from the outer fairing?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

The windshield need not be removed from the outer fairing when replacing headlights. The Harley kit required that you drilled into the front of the fairing from the inside so just be careful so as not to scratch the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.