Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Daymaker headlight  (Read 3976 times)

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Daymaker headlight
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 01:26:50 PM »

The windshield need not be removed from the outer fairing when replacing headlights. The Harley kit required that you drilled into the front of the fairing from the inside so just be careful so as not to scratch the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Much obliged Greg

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO FatBoy
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »

I'm thinking about trying one of the new Daymaker projectors #67700264. I have the Daymaker reflector version on my other bike and love it. I like it that when you turn on the highbeam the lowbeam stays on as well. Has anyone tried connecting up a relay to make the new Daymaker headlight work like this? I don't think the amp draw would be an issue because the LED draws so little, just curious if it would produce more light?

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »

I'm using these right now, seem good for me, I was using HID and was happy with lights but the wiring was a mess. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-LED-Headlight-Projector-Daymaker-Lamp-For-Harley-Road-Glide-2003-2013-/262236237382

I see JW speaker is producing adaptive led's for the Road Glide, kinda pricey. http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/adaptive-led-headlights-model-8692-adaptive/?utm_source=homepage&utm_campaign=Model%208692%20Adaptive%20RoadGlide%20Headlight&utm_medium=image&utm_content=slider3

Custom dynamics makes a version too. https://www.customdynamics.com/trubeam_motorcycle_led_headlamp.htm

Compared to the last two listed HD's version is a deal.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »

I'm using these right now, seem good for me, I was using HID and was happy with lights but the wiring was a mess. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-LED-Headlight-Projector-Daymaker-Lamp-For-Harley-Road-Glide-2003-2013-/262236237382

TN

Well nuts, there's $150 I don't have anymore.... :drink:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »

just be aware that the lens material on the cree light is plastic as opposed to glass on the hd version.  but for saving a few hundred bucks, i'd be all over it.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:11 PM »

just be aware that the lens material on the cree light is plastic as opposed to glass on the hd version.  but for saving a few hundred bucks, i'd be all over it.

Didn't notice that but for the cost difference I can take some buffing compound to the plastic lens once a year.  Definitely not a deal breaker.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 07:44:05 AM »

PC (polycarbonate) is used in many headlight applications, although china mfg. has been known to use other materials and forge their MTR's. Hazing and clouding is one od the issues with PC. I have three of the original headlights for the TR if I have to I'll rob the outer lens and transfer it over to the led, maybe  :nixweiss:

I just couldn't resist trying them at $150 and so far it's good, I'm getting to be a cheap sob, just celebrated my 7yr anniversary of retirement and still have three yrs before I can draw any monies from SS.  :drink:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 21 queries.