Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CB Help !  (Read 1019 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
CB Help !
« on: April 14, 2017, 12:50:08 AM »

As our MITM draws near Marty (110Mofo )and I have decided to make this trip using our CB'S my question; is there a common channel that most of the biker's use like with the trucker's it's Ch19 atleast here in Calif, and I think a lot of other states. I'm an old CB'er years ago My handle was the BULLCHEATER big shock I know well not to the guy's that know me! Boy! REALLY looking forward to this trip haven't been riding much, Suzanne with her hand problems and all. MikeyTee just have my Apple Pie ready to go! .. lol ..

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
Re: CB Help !
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 06:27:57 AM »

Not sure how common it is but with my local chapter of CVMA we use channel 27 as our talking channel.

I might see you on the road going to MITM. I will be out in San Diego the weekend before the gathering.  Heading out Saturday afternoon to Grand Canyon then onto Arkansas with an expected arrival of Tuesday evening.

Bill
Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »

Don, don't know of any particular channel being popular with motorcyclists.  In our local H.O.G. chapter we've used channel 22 for many years.  Reason being is that is in the middle of the channel choices and from what I recall way back in the day this was recommended because the SWR was more difficult to tune the end channels and get their reading within range.  In any case I have no idea how well the moco does in tuning the SWR but our CBs seem to work just fine on channel 22.  I know lots of folks don't like to use the CB but everyone in our riding group has one and we find the ability to communicate while riding to be invaluable.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:25:43 AM »

Thanks Guy's we're leaving the L.A. Area thursday morning on I 40 we'll be heading to Branson Mo. spend a day or so and arrive Monday or Tuesday.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »

I don't know for sure but would bet the MoCo spends very little time on SWR as each bike would have to be tuned to be optimum. You will be using at close range so you will be fine......like suggested I'd go with channels 21 to 29. 19 is prolly still truck favorite, but the constant banter drives me nutz!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

Over the years i have not used a motorcycle CB very much. I used a CB years ago in trucks towing waterski, boats and dirt bikes with friends. I understand how to use a CB and have been getting my helmet (mic. & speakers) set up. I have been meaning to get to the dealer and have them walk me through everything, I cannot figure out how to change channels. It's frustrating to try to preset favorite channels if you cannot change to the desired channel.  :huepfenlol2:

Any advice would be helpful.

BTW: call sign  CYDWYNDER
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:31:59 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »

While on the CB screen, press the previous/next hand control to advance through the CB channels individually. To get to the CB screen select Home > Com > CB
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.